Looking for love in all the wrong places Re: Question for all you spinny short pips users

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
Marla6
City & State: Fort Collins, CO
My blade: Xi Enting POWER CARBON
Forehand Rubber: DHS Draganow
Backhand Rubber: DHS Cloud and Fog 3 OX
Playing Style: All round Short pips Block and smash
Grip: Shakehand

Looking for love in all the wrong places Re: Question for all you spinny short pips users

Post by Marla6 »

AllenCorn wrote: on Wednesday 05 June 2024, 15:33
Any wisdom from the group?
LOL You are looking for love in all the wrong places.
Do you seriously think posters in ITTF worship forums have the experience or openmind to give good advice ?
AllenCorn wrote: on Wednesday 05 June 2024, 15:33
How much does sponge thickness affect spin and speed for spinny short pips? I have been using Spinfire 2.1 on one side and 1.9 on the other, and I am not sure I can tell the difference. The 2.1 might be a tad spinnier, but not 100% sure, and it doesn't seem to make a practical difference in my game.
Unless you are professional player I doubt a difference of 0.2 mm makes that much difference. In fact at this closer to hugh thickness, I wonder if would make much difference even for a pro player.
Loop Power
City & State: Armadale, W.A.
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: All round
Grip: Shakehand

Re: Looking for love in all the wrong places Re: Question for all you spinny short pips users

Post by Loop Power »

Dear AllenCorn,

Your biggest problem is not his rubber thickness but it is using the wrong racket.

Your huge problem is your using a dumb racket
Click highlighted link in blue above to understand what smart rackets & dumb rackest are

Quite possibly, short pips both sides is one of the worst dumb racket for an amateur.

Your using short pips on your forehand is noy a porblem. But the huge problem is your using the same rubber type (short pips) on the backhand.
While short pips is theoretically the best forehand rubber, it is the absolute worst backhand rubber.
Click on this link to read details as to why
Carbonator
City & State: Windsor,ON
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: All round loop & block
Grip: jPen (Chinese Penhold) TPG (Traditional Penhold)

Re: Looking for love in all the wrong places Re: Question for all you spinny short pips users

Post by Carbonator »

AllenCorn needs to understand the most important concepts
of Spin Contrast & Spin Continuum

That would explain why he should not be using a dumb racket

Click here to read more detail on this
Lexie J
City & State: Chalon-sur-Saône
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Post by Lexie J »

Unfortunately I am afraid all posts above falls on deaf ears
I make comments based on AllenCorn's repeated postings in the past with obsession about hardbat & his belief that hardbat can translate to spong era.
He is still living his Johnny Huang fantasy probably