State and City: Brasov
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Coaching malpractice

Post by Mixed feelings »

Hiding high aspect ratio super long pips from your students who use them and forcing them to use low aspect ratio long pips on ITTF LARC which are totally useless in the 40+ platic ball era
Jaro M Dnar
State and City: Rotterdam
My blade: S&T Black & White
Forehand Rubber: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
Backhand Rubber: S&T Hellfire X OX

Re: Coaching malpractice

Post by Jaro M Dnar »

Allowing your students use hardbat or sandpaper and allowing them to play in hardbat & sandpaper events of tournaments such as US Nationals. It is much much worse to allow juniors to play hardbat or sandpaper

It i snice to see that only one junior signed up US Nationals 2022 . Good to seen that most coaches have better sense than USATT though it is sickening to see quite a few junior girls signed up for hardbat events

IMO USATT shoould not hold sandpaper & hardbat events other than for players over 60 & also must not allow hardbat and sandpaper events in USATT sanctioned tournaments for players under age 60
Le0 Mess1
State and City: LaPlata
My blade: Dawei Saviga WRC Sandalwood
Forehand Rubber: DHS 652
Backhand Rubber: Dawei 388A-4

Re: Coaching malpractice

Post by Le0 Mess1 »

Coaching a student allowing to use whatever racket (blade & rubber) they are using when they first join the program.
Caoching is totally useless if the student is using wrong blade & rubbers that are totally incompatible with a student's playing style, which are usually very different on the forehand and backhand.

A coach should not coach by adjusting their coaching to whatever racket (blade & rubber) that a student currently uses, simply because that is what they had been using before. Instead, the student;s racket (blade & rubber) must be correceted as soon as possible by identifying the student;s playing style & then tailor the coaching to match the student' playing style.

There are coaches who blindly let a 60 year old player new to the sport to use a spinny inverted rubber both sides or the flip side,letting a 10 year old student use soem type of pips or anti rubber especialy hardbat.