Heaviest backspin Chopping long pips on ITTF LARC

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
Davis G
State and City: Darwin, NT
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Heaviest backspin Chopping long pips on ITTF LARC

Post by Davis G »

Haggisv :-
When chopping loops with an OX LP, I get the heaviest backspin with Tibhar Dtecs.

Davis G:- This is incorrect. Butterfly Fent Long 3 & KTL Stranger OX have the most backspin.
However all these rubbers & all pips rubbers listed on ITTF LARC are 200% useless in the 40+ plastic ball only era.
Tibhar Dtec with smooth pip tops is a frictionless type rubber for close to the table blockers
Feint Long 3 & KTL Stranger are chopping type long pips with rough pip tops for away from the table choppers.
I am not saying that Tibhar Dtec is totally spinless. It can produce some backspin but due to many of the other pip design parameters but the backspin is nowhere close to Feint Long 3 or KTL Stranger.
Dtec pips are little more flexible than Feint Long 3 & KTL stranger & the backspin for Dtec comes from this parameter but still overall Dtec OX is NOT a chopping rubber. Dtec is a blocking rubber
The various pips parameters that effect the behavior of pips rubbers is explained better at this website below

Click here for Pips Parametric analysis web page

But the bigger problem with Haggisv’s post is that he fully understands that the long pips on ITTF LARC are 200% useless in the 40+ plastic ball only era due the 9 rule and regulation changes that were fully designed or partially effect the long pips. Since the goal of ITTF is NOT to ban the pips & anti but to keep it under their control but fully limit their capabilities, since ITTF does not want dilution of their TOTAL control if the pips / anti players start their own association (like the robotNazis threatened to do in 1995 & force ITTF to repeal the speed glue ban immediately after it was passed by ITTF) .
HaggisV had been begged over & over to stop selling the useless long pips crap on ITTF LARC and start selling the High Aspect Ratio Super Long pips available from Indonesia & China. HaggisV claims his OOAK forum stands for diversity but do any of you believe that he should be selling low aspect ratio useless crap on ITTF LARC ?
Even if he wants to sell useless ITTF LARC, should he not be at least giving a choice to long pips players providing them all available options & let them decide ? If HaggisV sells ONLY ITTF LARC garbage then is it not obvious that he is either a puppet of ITTF or just plain scared of ITTF just like Dr. Neubauer seems to be ?
How much abuse do these people need from ITTF before they do the right thing ? Or are these people some sort of masochists who really enjoy this sort abuse from ITTF ?
OMG
Swipe Blocker
State and City: Cork TT
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Re: Heaviest backspin Chopping long pips on ITTF LARC

Post by Swipe Blocker »

I am extremely disappointed with HaggisV.
It is not that difficult understand. When a surface such as anti spin is slick , the objective is not to grab on or react to the (top)spin of the received ball. The same concept applies to a frictionless pips rubber if the top of the pips is glassy smooth. Tibhar Dtec surface is designed to just barely meet the frictionless limits imposed by the Frictionless Pips Ban in 2008 to discourage older players from staying the sport & encourage them to take up some other sport like TTX or pickleball.
Srihan
State and City: Indore, MP
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by Srihan »

As Davis G points out , there may be some spin reversal but that is due to the pips being relatively quite flexible with Dtec. Keep in mind that there are 7 or 8 design parameters that effect the overall behavior of a (long) pip. Dtec by design is essentially meant for close to the table blockers such as Manika Batra (keeping in mind however also the fact that ALL long pips on ITTF LARC are essentially worthless in the 40_ plastic ball era due to 9 changes by ITTF since 1983 to limit defenders & pips players).
achomoi
State and City: Choa Chu Kang SRC
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by achomoi »

Nothing wrong with HaggisV trying to sell products on iTTF LARC
But ethical condict demands that he make it clear that ITTF LARC long pips are totally useless in the 40+ plastic ball world,
Even if Alex does nt want to help these spin straved defenders by letting them know that other high aspect ratio rubbers with higher looper torture index are available from China & Indonesia................even if he does not want to distribute them himself in his OOAK dealership shop.