Which rubber has the least spin generation capability ? Anti or Inverted or Short pips or Long pips

To discuss topics relevant mostly to new to internediate players. Ask for advice about tabletennis equipment, playing style advice , strategies etc.
Fake Looper
State and City: Paris
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Which rubber has the least spin generation capability ? Anti or Inverted or Short pips or Long pips

Post by Fake Looper »

Of the 4 types of rubbers on ITTF LARC classification,

Spinny inverted smooth rubbers can "generate" the most top-spin and also second most back-spin
Long pips can generate the most back spin (or spin reversal) using the principle of spin amplifaction
Anti Spin rubbers can generate some but not a lot of back spin or top spin on their own
Drum roll please
And the the rubber that can "generate" the least spin is ..........short pips.

Therefore the only players that can capable of using short pips are the block & smash (flat hit) players
Yet manufacturers have successfully managed to sell short pips as a secondary weakside (usually backhand) rubber, claiming that short pips can not only generate topspins & backspins but can even vary spins better than other 3 rubber types.

Just think about it.
Block Lobber
State and City: Nueva Ocotepeque
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Re:Which rubber has the least spin generation capability ? Anti or Inverted or Short pips or Long pips

Post by Block Lobber »

No I won't think about it.
I will just use short pips because if it works for Mima Ito & Hou Yingchao, it should also work for me as a secondary weakside rubber
Palwasha
State and City: Kuala Belait
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Re: Which rubber has the least spin generation capability ? Anti or Inverted or Short pips or Long pips

Post by Palwasha »

LOL

Chickens (short pips) can fly a little and doves (medium pips* anti) can fly a little higher but they will never soar as eagles (long pips) when it comes to chopping.
Spam Queen
State and City: Inowrocław
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Re: Which rubber has the least spin generation capability ? Anti or Inverted or Short pips or Long pips

Post by Spam Queen »

Most players live in the psychotic fantasy of short pips for chopping because

1. They do not understand the basic mechanics of how (traditional) short pips are designed to work as compared to long pips
2. They overlook the simple fact as to why long pips were invented for in the first place

Therefore
Short pips is the best rubber as primray side (forehand) rubber for natural born tabletennis players , the short pips block & smash type players.
Short pips is the worst rubber for everyone else such as secondary side (usually backhand) rubber such as for chopping (which is a huge joke).

Medium pips rubber (or blocking long pips type rubbers) is the best rubber for use as secondary side (usually backhand) close to the table or all around play & definitely NOT short pips.

Long pips is the ONE & ONLY suitable rubber as secondary side (usually backhand) chopping rubber and anti or spinnt inveretd and using short pips for chopping by especially amateurs is the biggest joke.

Only reason anyone would want to use short pips as a secondary rubber is be an honorary looper because they crave to be accepted by robotNazis as their equal (because they are too worried of robotNazi disapproval if they use medium or long pips)
Рәйхана Bashkiriya
State and City: Sterlitamak,Bashkortostan, Respublika
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by Рәйхана Bashkiriya »

Fake Looper wrote: July 14th, 2022, 5:03 am
Yet manufacturers have successfully managed to sell short pips as a secondary weakside (usually backhand) rubber, claiming that short pips can not only generate topspins & backspins but can even vary spins better than other 3 rubber types.

Just think about it.

I agree . I don't blame the manufacturers for their marketing antics to sell rubbers to the clueless.

Pips out hitters who use short pips as primary side rubber (forehand such as penhold traditional players) primarily for speed and control & spin is their least concern. Of course control is a relative term. A 2700 short pips hitter probably can generate more spin with short pips than even a 1700 player let alone a 700 player. Which only means (supposedly) spinny short pips will work very well for say He Zhewen on forehand and even for Hou Ying Chao or Ding Song or Han Ying etc as a chopping rubber but it definitely won't work anywhere close to a spin generation tool or spin variation tool in the hands of 1700 rated schmuck Also by no means it implies that short pips are the best rubbers for Hou Yingchao or Han Ying etc because the robotNazi controlled ITTF has cleverly limited the capabilities of choppers. They are just the best available on ITTF LARC but it doe snot mean they are best available PERIOD.
Dilesh
State and City: Kisumu
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by Dilesh »

Рәйхана Bashkiriya wrote: July 19th, 2022, 11:05 pm Also by no means it implies that short pips are the best rubbers for Hou Yingchao or Han Ying etc because the robotNazi controlled ITTF has cleverly limited the capabilities of choppers. They are just the best available on ITTF LARC but it doe snot mean they are best available PERIOD.

I saw a video of Ma Long destroying Hou Yingchao few years ago with Hou using short pips. This will NEVER happen in a level playing field (Ma Long using a 1.8 mm unboosted rubber and Hou Yingchao using a high aspect ratio super long pips) & Hou will most likely beat Ma Long

You need to compare players of equal skill levels when evaluating blades and rubbers. If Hou Yingchao or Han Ying beat a top 100 player using short pips , it is really meaningless but it is hilarious when amateur groupies delude themselves that they can play & win like Hou Yingchao or Han Ying using short pips.
Question is , are Hou Yingchao & Han Ying using the best rubber for their style ? The answer is no.

Han Ying is rated #6 in July 2022 World Ranking. But if she used high aspect ratio super long pips she has much better chance against the 5 players above her. Han Ying may beat a top 20 player using short pips but she has no chance against the top 5.

Same goes for Mima Ito. Seems to me that Deng Yaping understood her needs and physical limitations much better than Mima Ito and went on to become the most decorated Olympian with her RITC 755 medium / long pips. I could never understand Mima ito using short pips. I do not know if it is the Japanese culture that frowns upon players using long pips even in the chopping mode let alone blocking mode like Mima Ito. I know long pips are not hated in Japan like in most countries of Africa or Vietnam or Sweden or for men in Indian sub-continent. It seems it is just less accepted in Japan.