Can World #1 Chen Meng beat chopper Hitomi Sato in a level playing field ?

Discussions about professional players or other high level amateurs probably using wrong rubbers blades etc and why.
Raul Amazorw
State and City: Gorna Oryahovitsa
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Can World #1 Chen Meng beat chopper Hitomi Sato in a level playing field ?

Post by Raul Amazorw »

I have no idea why Hitomi Sato an away from the table chopper, is using a close to the table blocking type long pips Stiga Vertical 55. The 55 refers to the sponge hardness and I have no idea why she uses a hard sponge. Also vertical means pips are aliged vertically for blockers not choppers. As I understand it, chopper want horizontal alignment. I would tend to think she wants Staig Horizotal 20 for more spin & more control. I understand lot of players go with what they feel are most comfortable with but logically this does make sense.

I am looking at this match between Hitomi Sato & World #1 Chen Meng.

I wonder what would happen if they played on a level playng field with
1. Chen meng using 1.8mm unboosted racket
2. Hitomi Sato used a high Aspect Ratio Super long pips like Magic 77 (or a similar Indonesian rubber) instead of using that low aspect ratio Stiga Vertical 55 or any other long pips on ITTF's LARC, which are totally useless in the 40+ plastic ball era in a severely tilted playing field that favors (illegally) boosted up loopers.

I don't think Chen Meng can beat Hitomi Sato unless Chen Meng forces the expedite rule. Even then I think it could be toss up.
Drag Flick
State and City: Kalinga Lancers
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Re: Can World #1 Chen Meng beat chopper Hitomi Sato in a level playing field ?

Post by Drag Flick »

Why do you think robotNazi controlled iTTF want a leevl playing field with a few more choppers (especially on men's side) ?
That would bring more spectators to the sport.
ITTF's goal is to eliminate all spectators from the sport using boosted up third ball loop kills to end the point as quickly as possible.
Sustained and long and spectacular rallies for spectator enjoyment are almost always guaranteed when a chopper meets a looper especially on the men's side. But we don't want that, do we ? Third ball loop kills or misses are more fun
Laurie Epif
State and City: Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
My blade: Palio C6
Forehand Rubber: Sanwei Gears
Backhand Rubber: Dr. Neubauer Scalpel

Re: Can World #1 Chen Meng beat chopper Hitomi Sato in a level playing field ?

Post by Laurie Epif »

Drag Flick wrote: July 21st, 2022, 6:17 am Why do you think robotNazi controlled iTTF want a leevl playing field with a few more choppers (especially on men's side) ?
That would bring more spectators to the sport.
ITTF's goal is to eliminate all spectators from the sport using boosted up third ball loop kills to end the point as quickly as possible.
Sustained and long and spectacular rallies for spectator enjoyment are almost always guaranteed when a chopper meets a looper especially on the men's side. But we don't want that, do we ? Third ball loop kills or misses are more fun
OMG LOL It is lot more fun to complain about veterans (older players) using blocking pips & blame them instead for loss of spectators in pro events