Orphaned post in MyTT > Why can’t the WTT display player’s equipment ?

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
Loop495
State and City: San Diego,CA
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Orphaned post in MyTT > Why can’t the WTT display player’s equipment ?

Post by Loop495 »

I initiated this thread. But my thee posts inthe thread were deleted including my first OP (original Post the first one in tehthread)
So When Zeio replied my post , The first sentence is his post is " That is a great idea"

I guess the forum reasders a few months will be wondering what the hell Zeio is talking about.
Pretyy hilarious

Anyway below is my OP post that initiated the thread (to which Zeio replied saying it is a great idea)

Why can’t the WTT display player’s equipment ?
Currently, if you open a player’s profile it just says Style Right Hand Attack
That really does not say much since 95% players are attackers LOL
Why not additionally show the details of their equipment for that given tournament ?
I know, players may change their equipment from one tournament to next it will take some programming to make this display field a variable instead of shown as a constant but it can be done.
The reason I say is because WTT may be able to get sponsors to pay for promoting a player’s equipment. This promotes more manufacturers promoting more players even at lowest level.
It would look something like this if no sponsor
Style:- Right hand shakehand Forehand : inverted attack Backhand : Anti defense
Or
Style : Penhold TPH Forehand : Short Pips Attack Backside : Long Pips OX defense
Or
Style : Penhold RPH Forehand : Short Pips Attack Backhand : Inverted Attack
Etc

If using sponsors , the above would like

Style:- Right hand shakehand Forehand : inverted Butterfly Viscaria Attack Backhand : Anti Dr.Neubauer SuperAnti defence Blade : Donic Waldner
Or
Style : jPen TPH Forehand : Short Pips Butterfly Impartial Block & Smash Backside : Yasaka Phantom 007 Long Pips OX
Blade :- Butterfly Cypress
Or
Style : cPen RPH Forehand : Short Pips Victas 011 Attack Backhand : Inverted Butterfly Dignics 09 Attack
Blade : Buttefly Senkoh

(Sorry Ido not know much about penhold blades just threw in some names)

Etc

Of course players will have to submit their equipment details beforehand & I see no issue with this even if they are only submitting rubber types in general if they do not have a sponsor

Here is another post I made clarifying my OP (Original first post initiating the thread)

My first post had two parts
1. Without sponsor
2. With sponsor

1. Without Sponsor :- It should not be difficult to make racket details mandatory & my opinion (you may not agree it is OK) is that both EJs & non EJs would be interested in this information. Since there is going to be a racket inspection before matches, I don't see how this is a big secret. On a side note I find it hilarious when players exclaim that they did not know you were using long pips , after they lost the match. True story > A player actually wanted a rematch & went to complain to the control desk when the winning opponent refused.

2. With sponsor:- This can be optional. In my very first post I clearly stated that most top pros may not use the exact production blade but most posters keep harping on this. If both the player & manufacturer are willing to release this information, then WTT should take the damn money and publish the info. If the player or manufacturer does not want to release the information, then no big deal, it is not shown. I do not know why people are comparing tennis to tabletennis. i was rated about a 5 to 5.5 (of 7) in tennis long ago & could then play more or less the same with any racket (wood or steel or graphite or titanium etc. with whatever reasonable string tension or material etc.) but tabletennis is an entirely different story because as someone mentioned earlier in this thread, tabletennis is lot more equipment sensitive (for good or bad and that is an entirely different issue) than tennis due to complex spins at higher speeds and far more complex rackets & far more diverse playing styles (essentially every player in unique in table tennis even if someone is a two winged looper etc.) & with tabletennis is played in a relatively smaller area & may need superior reflexes, foot speed & quick thinking (sort of downhill skiing while playing chess at the same time) at highest levels. I am not putting down tennis as I was once addicted to it but just saying or downhill skiing or chess or whatever blah blah. And the forehand & backhand are entirely different stories in tabletennis lot more so than in any other racket sport, though most tabletennis players have no clue about this or refuse to admit it but would rather pretend they are a Ma Long with equally successful forehands & backhands of same looping style.
I understand more higher level pros may not want to reveal that information, but more lower level pros may be willing to release this information if the manufacturers make this a condition for sponsorships. Most low level players are beggars who cannot be choosers LOL. This way manufacturers can promote their products via low level pros & it is also more believable to even rational non Ejs if not the hero obsessed EJs, because I doubt manufacturers provide ALL lower level pros with highly customized blades & rubbers.