John McEnroe says tabletennis sucks on TV & Andre Agassi says pickleball is part of his life

Highly technical & extremely controversial topics. Not for the faint of heart
Methaven TTRaquetball
State and City: Methaven
My blade: DHS TG7-CP2
Forehand Rubber: Milky Way Max Tense Mars
Backhand Rubber: Yinhe Mercury 3
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

John McEnroe says tabletennis sucks on TV & Andre Agassi says pickleball is part of his life

Post by Methaven TTRaquetball »

In this interview below tennis legend John McEnroe says tabletennis sucks on TV

Click here to read John McEnroe interview

And Andre Agassi says pickleball is part of his life

Click here to read and scroll towards bottom for Agassi comment

What is your opinion on this ?
Game of Thrones
State and City: Westeros
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Re: John McEnroe says tabletennis sucks on TV & Andre Agassi says pickleball is part of his life

Post by Game of Thrones »

Methaven TTRaquetball wrote: April 4th, 2023, 2:29 am In this interview below tennis legend John McEnroe says tabletennis sucks on TV

Click here to read John McEnroe interview

What is your opinion on this ?
LOL
I read a lot about lot of tennis players getting upset about pickleball. Below is just one of many webpages on this

Clcik here to read about conficts between pickleball and tennis

I love tennis & not a big fan of pickleball but personally I think people should enjoy & play whatever the hell they like but I wonder if tennis feels threatened.
I have seen so many apartment complexes & housing divisions in USA etc have mostly unused tennis courts & they may all be quickly converted to pickleball courts (if pickleball can find a solution to the noise problem). But with the pickleball racket being wood (I know they have newer composite rackets) and the ball eng what it is , I am not sure how they can lower the noise. Afterall the ball & bat in pickleball were puposely designed to eliminate the spins of tabletennis & tennis.

Also in all fairness, I think tennis balls also make some noise & so I have to wonder if this is more political games from tennis player's part.
Because it makes no sense to ahve such a large court in apartments etc but have almost nobody use it. Tennsi courts were added to make the apartmenst look cool but if mosre people move over to pickleball & find it to be in thing & new fad, it may be game over for tennis. :shock: