Mjamja : My LP Project continues

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
Rod Lavar
State and City: Rockhampton, QLD
My blade: DHS N301
Forehand Rubber: Yinhe Pro Jupiter
Backhand Rubber: RITC 755 Mystery
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Mjamja : My LP Project continues

Post by Rod Lavar »

Mjamaja wrote on April 26,2023
If I can end this summer playing around 1850 I will continue with the LP project.

I will be shocked & impresesed if you did get to 1850 by this summer especially if you are using a long pips from 38 mm ball era.
Though RITC 755 is one of the greatest rubbers of all time as used by the most decorated Olympian Deng Yaping . the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era requires compatible long pips to survive .

Try something like Mo Avalox. Mo Wang 3
They are both blocking type high aspect ratio super long pips with vertical pip alignment

If you want more of an all round type rubber try Magic 77

All above rubbers are far superior to the social rubbers (anti, weakside short pips & LPs on ITTF LARC)

You probbably are also using sponge under your 755 , which is also a very bad idea.

For players below 2200 , you do not need sponge & it is actually a liability.
Yes it is easier to use but rememebr the duality principle of tabletennis > Anything that is easier for you to use is also equally easier to handle for your opponent, similar to whatever rubber gives you more spin will also equally react to incoming spin.

More information on pips here
Boost this
State and City: Spartanburg, SC
My blade: DHS w968
Forehand Rubber: 729 FX
Backhand Rubber: Friendship 563
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Re: Mjamja : My LP Project continues

Post by Boost this »

Mjamaja wrote on April 26,2023
I will have to consider going back to short pips.

Would be a very bad idea
If you think you will get any better as you get older with any short pips on your weakside for blcoking style, you are crazy

Long pips are much harder to learn for an amateur than most amateurs think.
Short pips on weakside (backhand) is a joke

Here is why

When I started with long pips I kept quitting and going back to spinny inverted so many times because sincee I have been brainwashed to think that spinny inverted is the only good rubber in tabletennis for so many years & it was easier for me fall back on.

You need to stick with LP for few more years. I am willing to eat my words of course if you prove me wrong by going back to short pips.
You also need to resist the tendency to use both short pips & long pips
Just does not work at amateur levels for most but of course I have seen rare exceptions.