What are weak side & strong side rubbers in table tennis ?

Highly technical & extremely controversial topics. Not for the faint of heart
boost spin
State and City: Rothienorman TT
My blade: Bomb Everest
Forehand Rubber: Air Assassins
Backhand Rubber: Guo Qiu Miracle Magic Monkey
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

What are weak side & strong side rubbers in table tennis ?

Post by boost spin »

I hear this concept of wak side & strong side in table tennis.
What does this mean ?
Gauda 2
State and City: Mysore, Karnataka
My blade: Galaxy Milky Way Yinhe T-11+
Forehand Rubber: Palio Thor
Backhand Rubber: Kokutaku 911 Quantum Curing
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Re: What are weak side & strong side rubbers in table tennis ?

Post by Gauda 2 »

With few exceptions, in almost all rackest sports & for almost all humans , forehand is the stronger dominant side & backhand is the weaker side.
Table tennis is no exception. However lot more important is the fact that table tennis si forehand dominant sport.
Unfortunately lots of amateur tabletennis players believe that they can have as good backhands as the pros , most of whom use spinverted rubbers on both backhand & forehand
James Z
State and City: Rottweil
My blade: Custom jPen
Forehand Rubber: Yasaka Mark V
Backhand Rubber: Magic 77
Playing Style: Modern Defender (Loop & chop)
Grip: jPen / kPen ( Japanese / Korean penhold)

Ask yourself the following questions about table tennis

Post by James Z »

Of your forehand & backhand, what is your strong side & weakside ( (Question mostly about amateurs)
What % of players (question more about amateurs) have no weakside (more or less equal forehand & backhand) ?
What % of players (more about amateurs) have same style forehand & backhand ?
What % of amateurs delude themselves that they have same (looping) style & equal forehand & backhand ?
What % of humans are forehand dominant ?

What is the major difference between hardbat (or sandpaper) era tabletennis & sponge era tabletennis ?
(If you correctly answer the previous 5 questions, you also know the answer to this question)

What is the difference in design & operational mechanics between short pips & long pips ?
What is the difference in design & operational mechanics between anti & inverted ?
What is the history & chronological order of arrival of short pips, inverted, anti & long pips
If you answer the above 3 questions correctly, you also know the answer to 2 questions below.

Of all 4 rubber types (inverted, anti, short pips & long pips), which one is the best weakside rubber (mostly for an amateur) ? (Sorry, there is only one answer & . "It depends" is not a valid answer)
Of all 4 rubber types, which one is the worst weakside rubber (mostly for an amateur)? (Sorry, there is only one answer. & "It depends" is not a valid answer)
(I have included medium pips as part of long pips)

Bonus questions :-
What % of players choose rubbers / blades based on logic ?
What % of players ignore logic & choose their rubbers / blades based on feel ?
What % of players don't choose the correct weakside (sometimes even strongside) rubbers due to intense peer pressure & fear of social rejection & ridicule ?
What % of players ignore logic & choose their rubbers / blades blindly based on what their favorite pro uses ?