State and City: Faridabad, Haryana
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

9 rule / regulation changes by ITTF since 1983 to exterminate the choppers

Post by shah 3 »

Many players think it is a lie when someone says there were 9 rule & regulation changes since 1983 to partially or fully aimed at exterminating choppers. These doubters claim that ITTF can easily ban all pips and anti if ITTF does not believe in promoting diversity.
But the simple truth of the matter is that the robotNazi controlled ITTF does not give a diddley duda about choppers or defenders. They would rather have these nuisance choppers & defenders players drop dead.
Yes the robotNazis are the majority in tabletennis and this translates to all ITTF councils & committees also being majority robotNazis. They could easily ban all pips & anti. Why have they not done that ? Not because they care about diversity. Simple reason is that they do not want the pips & anti players (who are growing in numbers every day & ITTF is horrified) finally grow spine & start their own association , just like the robotNazis themselves threatened to do in 1995 when ITTF passed the speed-glue ban (ITTF quickly repealed the total speed glue ban in 1995 within a matter of months & released a watered down VOC ban to save face............just like the fake booster ban of 2008, which is a huge joke as well & IOC seems to have no clue after 15 years since 2008).

That said, below are the 9 changes

1. 1983 : Two color rubbers (Red / Black) rule ( Promoted by none other than the cult leader Rev. Larry Hodges)
2. 1995 : Speed glue ban ( Repealed within months & Rev. Larry Hodges demanded the repeal)
3. 1998 : Durban Aspect Ratio Reduction massacre (Surprise surprise ......who supports this ...none other than Rev. Larry Hodges)
4. 2000 : Ball size increase from 38 mm to 40 mm
5. 2004 : Pip Distribution Density Reduction Regulation
6. 2008 : FPB (Frictionless pips ban) (In a bizarre twist Rev.Larry Hodges wants this repealed. Why bizarre illogical & paradoxical ? Because Rev.Larry claimed that the 1998 Aspect Ratio massacre was to protect juniors but this 2008 FPB was "supposedly" the true change to protect juniors & yet he wants it repealed ........go figure. However also keep in mind these 2 changes have nothing to do with technical merits but 200% political as were the other 6 changes)
7. 2008 : Fake ban on boosters to fool the IOC
8. 2014 : 40+ ball change from celluloid to plastic
9. 2022 : Total official ban on 40- celluloid balls
Jameisop
State and City: Wellington
My blade: Avalox P300
Forehand Rubber: Friendship 729 Bloom Max
Backhand Rubber: Mo Avalox (Hgh Aspect Ratio Super Long Pips)
Playing Style: All round loop & block
Grip: Shakehand

Re: 9 rule / regulation changes by ITTF since 1983 to exterminate the choppers

Post by Jameisop »

shah 3 wrote: February 24th, 2023, 4:02 am
3. 1998 : Durban Aspect Ratio Reduction massacre (Surprise surprise ......who supports this ...none other than Rev. Larry Hodges)
From what I heard this was attempted as a RULE change at 1995 Tianjin BGM but miserably failed but a relentless Scholer inititiated a secret EGM in Durban South Africa in 1998 and passed it as a REGULATION (instead of a rule) the narrowest of margins, somehing like 19-17 or 21-19 I am not sure
Franka Zazie
State and City: Muhlhausen Saarbrucken
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by Franka Zazie »

shah 3 wrote: February 24th, 2023, 4:02 am That said, below are the 8 changes
What about the ITTF's fake booster ban of 2008 ?
David E W
State and City: Lusaka
My blade: Ndola, Copperbelt
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by David E W »

Why is ITTF wasting its time & energy just passing these confusing rules
Most of us in table tennis use spinny inverted smooth rubbers and want all horrible pips & antispin rubbers banned.
We are the majority.
Why doesn't ITTF respect the wishes of the majority and just ban all pips & anti ?

This is really sick