Blahness has his priorities screwed up & back asswards

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
Brandon Irzy
State and City: West Manchester TT
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Blahness has his priorities screwed up & back asswards

Post by Brandon Irzy »

blahness wrote: Jun 12, 2023 #11
Yes that's true. If you practice enough with some equipment you become good at it nevertheless.
No you won't. For every human , there are given strokes & styles they can do much better & they will suck in some other strokes no matte rwhat , however hard they try.
Take for example 2 examples
1. Shekehand forehand - how many pros there are in the male ranking list ?
2. Backhand looping - Lot of amateurs cannot loop on the backhand. They think they & but they cannot, howeevr hard they try.
blahness wrote: Jun 12, 2023 #11
Technique (including ball reading and handling skills) is the most important aspect.
Technique is of course very imprtant but ONLY to the extent you are using the right equipment to start with for that particulat stroke or style within the limits of your talent.
Of cousre some players will suck in everything & that is a different issue.
omet
State and City: Saint Petersburg
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Re: Blahness has his priorities screwed up & back asswards

Post by omet »

LOL
Blahness used to have a signature in his posts that read something like "Technique is 10 time more important than equipment. Do you think a runner would have problen if he used different shoes"

I really feel bad for Blahness because I am not sure if he is using the right blades & rubbers for his playing style but I doubt it very much.
My bet is that he probably is using smooth rubber both sides just because all the pros do.

I am not at all saying technique is not important but trying to work of your technique if the equipment your chose for your playing style to start with is all wrong then it is a complete waste of time if you are a competitive player