Re: Need your help in BH rubber

Most discussion forums (especially table tennis) are full of posters asking the wrong question based on totally false premises or lack of knowledge about the issue at hand etc. This sub-forum is dedicated to identifying such questions & useless & usually hilarious answers in various tableetnnis forums & also shows what the right answer should have been
Mike 7222
State and City: Austin,TX
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Re: Need your help in BH rubber

Post by Mike 7222 »

[quote=hazzaa96 August 14 at 1:17 PM #1
Hi so I have decided to purchase a Ovtcharov ALC in a few days.

I’m going with Dignics 09c on my Forehand but still not sure on my backhand.

I usually prefer softer rubber on my backhand so these are the potential options I have looked at but if anyone else can recommend something different it will be much appreciated.

I have 3 potential options:

Victas v15 limber
Tenergy 05fx
Butterfly Rozena

Thanks[/quote]

To start with, how do you even know in the first place that your playing style on your weaksde ( backhand) makes you a candidate for using spinverted rubber on your backhand ?

I saw 3 or 4 answers by Wrighty67 , PaddyPolar , Zwill etc in another forum suggesting various spinverted rubbers LOL
XinXu
State and City: Subang Jaya
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Re: Need your help in BH rubber >> Newbie questionnaire

Post by XinXu »

Forum posters should not be answering questions from newbies based on limited information.
Because most often it turns into a matter of posters giving right answers for a wrong question
I think newbies asking personal questions on forums must answer the Newbie questionnaire below first
--
1. Your age group (Very bad idea to recommend hardbat to a 16 year old & two side boosted inverted for a 60 year old)
2. Forehand & backhand playing styles
3. Your approximate rating (if you have one)
4. How long you have been playing
5. Do you have a coach or do you plan to get one
6. Have you had a coach and fired him / her and why
7. Where do you play ? Such as a club or rec center or school or pro tarining center or bar or in your basement
8. How long have you had the particular symptom being asked about (more like how long have you sucked at this)
9. Are you going to be a competitive tournament / league player or exercise player or a competitive player who wants to claim to be an exercise player only when you lose
10. How many days / hours a week do you play
11. What other sports / hobbies (or nuisance like your spouse) that may impact your tabletennis
12. Do you play with your children / relatives (other than of course your annoying spouse)
13. Any videos (of you playing table tennis that is )
14. Are you sure you want to waste your time in the most complicated (individual) sport there is ?
15. Do you realize people will make fun of you behind your back for claiming to be a competitive tabletennis "athlete"

I am sure I missed few more that you can add