Yung 638 & 63-9A

As most of you may not know for sure, pips rubbers listed on ITTF LARC are 200% functionally useless in the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era. This section is for discussion about older rubbers from 38 mm ball era & 40- celluloid ball ere that may be still more functionally useful in the 40+ plastic ball era than rubbers designed for 40+ plastic ball ONLY era. This section also discusses new rubbers that are not listed on ITTF LARC but are functionally superior to rubbers currently listed on current ITTF LARC. Contrary to popular myth ITTF is NOT the sole supreme authority on table tennis & you are free to use these super functional rubbers as you wish. The question of who will play against you is a just only a matter of who are your true friends in table tennis & not ITTF rules or regulations especially at lower levels & especially in tournaments not affiliated with ITTF (incorrectly referred to as “unsanctioned” tournaments)
Xavier V
State and City: San Nicolás de los Arroyos
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Yung 638 & 63-9A

Post by Xavier V »

63-9A was supposedly used by the great Deng Yaping before she switched to RITC 755 .
These are reverse cone or (mushroom if you like) with lower diameter at base of the pip compared to the top
I have tried it but did not like it because it was kinda fast & also harder to control

I liked 638. It had slightly lower aspect ratio than Feint Long Classic but this was a great all round rubber
I would recommend it especialy if you are moving to long pips but I do not know where you can buy it LOL
yung 63-9A.jpg
yung 63-9A.jpg (7.7 KiB) Viewed 1279 times
yung 638 black.jpg
yung 638 black.jpg (29.02 KiB) Viewed 1280 times
yung 638.jpg
yung 638.jpg (36.3 KiB) Viewed 1281 times