Indonesian Super Pips

As most of you may not know for sure, pips rubbers listed on ITTF LARC are 200% functionally useless in the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era. This section is for discussion about older rubbers from 38 mm ball era & 40- celluloid ball ere that may be still more functionally useful in the 40+ plastic ball era than rubbers designed for 40+ plastic ball ONLY era. This section also discusses new rubbers that are not listed on ITTF LARC but are functionally superior to rubbers currently listed on current ITTF LARC. Contrary to popular myth ITTF is NOT the sole supreme authority on table tennis & you are free to use these super functional rubbers as you wish. The question of who will play against you is a just only a matter of who are your true friends in table tennis & not ITTF rules or regulations especially at lower levels & especially in tournaments not affiliated with ITTF (incorrectly referred to as “unsanctioned” tournaments)
James Z
State and City: Rottweil
My blade: Custom jPen
Forehand Rubber: Yasaka Mark V
Backhand Rubber: Magic 77
Playing Style: Modern Defender (Loop & chop)
Grip: jPen / kPen ( Japanese / Korean penhold)

Indonesian Super Pips

Post by James Z »

I am not sure about these rubbers because since they are not available outside Indonesia (or probably Malaysia) it is hard to test them.
But looking at pip design specifications most seem to be just gimmick pips and most are deception based & designed for close to the table blocker with pip distribution denisty low (meaning pips are too far apart and so give less spin but more speed and more deception) .

Click to view item on sale at Shopee Indonesia website

Visit the topic called Pip Design Parameters and Playing Characteristics before reading individual reviews below
Last edited by James Z on August 22nd, 2023, 1:49 am, edited 7 times in total.
James Z

Re: Indonesian Super Pips - JAHANAM "RAWARONTEK" - much better than Feint Long 3 ???

Post by James Z »

I was looking for a chopper rubber and this is the closest I can find

The Aspect Ratio is 1.875 ( 3.0 mm pip length divided by diameter of 1.6 mm)
The inter-pip distance of 1.5 mm is also decent to give a decent PDD (Pip Distrribution Density)
The video below says pips are soft not hard
Pip alignment is horizontal (Best for chopping)
All these are good for chopping design for lots of backspin & high looper torture index
But the big problem seems to be that the top of the pips is frictionless, which means lower backspin but would still of course eb much higher than the useless Feint Long 3 & KTL Stranger, two best chopping rubbers on ITTF LARC
I also do not know if pip length should be lower because simply making everything bigger or longer does not always give the best design.
Because there may be optimal values for each parameter for the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era (But I also know for example that an AR (Aspect Ratio) of 1.1 is ridiculously low for the 40+ plastic ball oNLY era and even the previous value of 1.3 is too low. The optimal value is probably 1.5)

I would like to see an improved version of this with rough pip tops & higher PDD (pips closer) . That would easily make it far better than Feint Long 3 but even the current version is probably better than Feint Long 3

I have not tried this yet as it is not possible to buy outside Indonesia on Shopee it seems (Shopee registration asks for an Indonesian phone number & shipping address ?)
The video below gives soem good technical measurements but I would like to see a video of this in acatual use by a chopper (not blocker) , preferably a high level chopper
It would be also nice if they perfomed a comparison test between RAWARONTEXX and Feint Long 3 (or KTL Stranger) for measurement of Looper Torture Index (for back spin)

Last edited by James Z on August 22nd, 2023, 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
James Z

Re: Indonesian Super Pips Review JAHANAM "SABOTASE" |

Post by James Z »

This is a review of JAHANAM "SABOTASE"

The Aspect Ratio is 1.5 ( 3.0 mm pip length divided by diameter of 2.0 mm) The sale website says pip length 3.2 mm but you tube video says 3.2 mm
The Aspect Ratio of 1.5 is probably the most optimal for the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era

The inter-pip distance of 2.0 mm i.which is sort of high to give a low PDD (Pip Distrribution Density)
The pip tops are smoother (not rough) making it a frictionless type rubber.
The video below says pips are hard. So all abo=ve parameters make this sort of a blcoking long pips not chopping long pips
But let me also add that this may still be better than Feint Long 3 for a chopperin the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era as it may still give more backspin sue to its higher Aspect Ratio (1.5) than the pathetic AR of 1.1 for Feint Long 2 or 3 (AR of 1.1 is the maximum allowed for ALL ITTF LARC rubbers after 1998)

Pip alignment is horizontal but not relevant due to above parameters making it a blocking rubber.

Last edited by James Z on August 22nd, 2023, 2:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
James Z

Re: Indonesian Super Pips

Post by James Z »

Lot of other reviews I saw on YouTube indicate the PDD is low (pips too far apart) and pip tops are smooth.

So these two above parameters end up making these rubbers only suitable for blocking type players and not choppers
If I run into any other chopping type Indonesian long pips, I will post here.
Hasan EC
State and City: Episkopi
My blade: Custom
Forehand Rubber: DHS H3
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Re: Indonesian Super Pips Orange Rubbers ?

Post by Hasan EC »

I kinda laughed when I saw the orange rubber but also was impressed by the creativity & independent thinking of Indonesian people
Yasaka used to make Orange rubbers such as Tornado before the two color rule (circa 1983)

Click to view Jahanam Poisons Green Orange and Blue

I could not see any reviews but I think the pips are too far apart & pip tops mooth, making it more of a blocking type rubber & not a chopping rubber, though of course it probbaly has more back spin capability in the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era than Feint Long 3
orange rubber.jpg
orange rubber.jpg (47.25 KiB) Viewed 910 times