State and City: Kolkata TTF
My blade: Hanno Offensive RC - 1
Forehand Rubber: Sanwei Gears 2.0
Backhand Rubber: Magic 77
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

KTL Stranger is far less useless than Butterfly Feint Long 3

Post by Raj 88 »

Are a chopper who insists on wasting time with rubbers on ITTF LARC in the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era ?

If so at least use KTL Stranger instead of Butterfly Feint Long 3 or Ilius

KTL Stranger is very comparable to Feint Long 3 for choppers.

I used KTL Starnger for about ten years before switching Super pips like Magic 77 became available.

I will not support European or Japanese rubbers because of two reasons

1, Japanese & European rubbers are way overpriced. I know Chinese have their own set of corruptions (& international political power plays) but it is just a matter of choosing lesser of the two evils. As an amaeture player I can always find a less expensive Chinese equivalent to European & Japanese rubbers . The quality may not be the best but if I can but 20 sheets of Mercury 2 for the price one sheet of less spinny Butterfly Dignics Thank you very much. I will accept 2 or 3 or even 5 sheets of bad Mercury 2. (Actually I have not found any quality issues with Chinese rubbers lately as well)

2. Buttefly or Juic or Stiga or Tibhar etc do not care about defensive players. When the Aspect Ratio Regulation was passed, Butterfly etc did nothing. China is more of an open society when allowing individual expression of players (at least at the amateur level) . Yes I have met Chinese players who hate pips but most Chinese are open minded about allowing individual choices of rubber etc than in most other countries. Butterfly & Stiga defensive baldes are garabge & way overpriced. Dr.Neubuarer makes some innovative blades but they are all for mostly for closely for close to the table blockers & none for choppers. Ther are no Chinese defensive baldes either for the 40+ plastic ball era but at least I can but inexpensive rubbers (even if they are merely big enough for larger defensive blades) .

Of course this whole post is purely theoretical for me because it is based on the false ridiculous assumption that you can survive as s chopper in the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era using rubbers listed on ITTF LARC. I have switched to super pips (mAgic 77) & no longer use ITTF LARC long pips like KTL Stranger.