Reply 1 to Poster Tony's Table Tennis in " Why are there restrictions for pips out rubbers? "

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
Carly S
State and City: Kansas City, Missouri
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Reply 1 to Poster Tony's Table Tennis in " Why are there restrictions for pips out rubbers? "

Post by Carly S »

Tony's Table Tennis wrote: in TTDaily Post # 371165
Clearly the supposed pip experts has no clue about short pimple choppers in China.
I have already addressed this many times elsewhere . I don't care who uses it . I don’t care if it is Mima Ito or Hou Ying Chao
Short pips used as a weakside (or secondary side) usually backhand is the biggest hilarious joke in tabletennis, just as hilarious as using (or allowing your students to use) low aspect ratio long pips on ITTF LARC that are TOTALLY worthless in the 40+ ball era.
I will explain more on my reasons as to why I say the above in a separate detailed post later..

The problem with you Tony is that you are brainwashed by ITTF into thinking the way they want you to think & have totally taken away your ability to think outside the box. Your constant argument is that since most players do it or have done it in the past it is always the right way especially if some pros do it.
Tony's Table Tennis wrote: in TTDaily Post # 371165
There is no such thing as medium pimple.
I am fully aware of the definition by the ITTF (that you worship) on their LARC which contains all the low aspect ratio long pips that are garbage in the 40+ plastic ball era) .
They define rubbers with Aspect Ratio of less than 0.89 as short pips & between 0.89 and 1.1 as long pips.
First of all using Aspect Ratio to differentiate pips is no longer a viable idea. There are about 10 design parameters that define the behavior of pips.
The phrase "medium Pips" is a convention used in the TT community & a fuzzy area between long & short pips. But since you are too hung up always on what ITTF says I am sure this convention used as a convention is unacceptable to you .
Traditionally short pips were short & stiff & long pips were longer and flexible. But the new trend in pips design seems to be to manipulate the 10 or so design parameters to make short pips behave like long pips , just as a marketing gimmick.

Go check forums like OOAK Forum . They have a separate section for Medium Pimples . I guess they are clueless too (Well then again ..............) .
Tony's Table Tennis wrote: in TTDaily Post # 371165 No matter if you are from India or Africa, or where ever, the ball is the size shape and the game is the same fun (unless you have grudges like Carly)
If it is the same fun, will you care if the pips players in your club started to understand how the ITTF had been abusing them in the past 30 years and switch to high aspect ratio super long pips, would you care ? As I said , people always always resort to the usual disclaimer as soon as someone starts pointing to them that they really are not
Tony's Table Tennis wrote: in TTDaily Post # 371165 Most Chinese choppers learn chopping starting off with short pips. Carly will easily say those coaches has no clue on what is going on, but who are you going to listen to – S
I wasted the first 15 years of my prime tabletennis years listening to similar nonsense that I should only be using spinny smooth inverted both sides because that is what most players do, though I am a natural chopper. Then there are those who have this ridiculous idea that we should go back to hardbat.

Simply because most Chinese choppers start with short pips that does mean that is the right thing to do. Again you lack the ability to think outside the box.

I greatly admire the dedication & approach of far east Asians (China, Japan & Korea) to tabletennis as a respectable sport . Also in tabletennis community there is a prevailing thought that just because Chinese (or Koreans & Japanese) say something , it is God's word as if people outside fareast Asia are total tabletennis idiots.
But in some cases Chinese ideas may be totally wrong. Take even the very name of the sport. I realize (North) Americans are totally clueless about tabletennis as a sport & call it pingpong in a derogatory way. But there is no excuse for Chinese (& Koreans & Japanese) to be using this phrase. This is not something I am the only one believe in .Former ITTF President Lollo Hammerlund was more passionate about this issue than me. Far east Asian referring to tabletennis as pingpong is disgusting & it only causes serious problems in promoting the sport in North America.

Recently I saw a TV advertisement in USA that says "I am a British actor. You should listen to me" (meaning I have the cutest accent, so just accept whatever I say) .
Starting choppers with short pips as secondary rubber is a really dumb idea. In fact using short pips as a secondary rubber for even a non-chopper (any player except rare excptions) is a dumb idea. This happens because I don’t think many players & coaches understand the basic mechanics of design & functioning of (traditional) short pips compared to long pips. I don’t care if 100 Mima Itos or 100 Ding Songs or 100 Hou Ying Chaos were in the top 100 of the top 100 players ranking list.. Lot more on this later
Tony's Table Tennis wrote: in TTDaily Post # 371165 Carly who has not posted his video, nor shared his coaching abilities/credentials and then goes on about ITTF and his hate of them and then any one (like me) who does not agree with his behavior, are labeled all kinds of nonsense.

I have absolutely nothing to prove anything to anyone within the clutches of the ITTF. This is a discussion forum. Whether or not anyone agrees with me is totally irrelevant to me. Before the 1998 Durban Aspect Ratio Massacre I had many friends inside tabletennis. but they all abandoned me in favor of ITTF (because I was totally nuts to think the regulation was wrong & ITTF knows what is good for the sport). Now after 4 more oppressive changes in 2000, 2003, 2008 & 2014, I get the last laugh . Because though the pips players still have not woken up or so terrified of ITTF, more and more openminded players are beginning to understand the ITTF fraud & of course someone with a close mind will never see it..

Well you are part of (70%+15%) crowd & definitely not the 15% openminded critical thinking (outside the box) group of players. If I am labeling you, then so be it. Sorry.

It helps if you are a good player to become a good coach but not all great players in any sport turn out to be even decent coaches. Conversely you do not have to be even a player to become a great coach.. Have you heard of Red Auerbach ? So I am not sure how posting a video of myself would prove either I am a bad coach (or contributor or administrator) or a good one.

I don’t think you are very aware of the extreme hatemongering against pips players on a daily basis that goes on in North America & some pockets of Europe (like Sweden of all places) . From my experience South Americans seem to be more respectful though pips hares are everywhere. There used to be many high level choppers (male & female) out of India but not anymore. It is considered an ultimate dishonor to the family & they will disown you if you are male & use long pips in countries like India, Vietnam , Nigeria etc (Of course I am half joking but the other half is very true)[/size]
Ekaterina
State and City: Stavropol'
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Re: Reply 1 to Poster Tony's Table Tennis in " Why are there restrictions for pips out rubbers? "

Post by Ekaterina »

Sorry my English not good
Why many postings in this topic write by Carly delete from TTDaily
Claire
State and City: Roubaix
My blade: Dr. Neubauer Colossus
Forehand Rubber: Donic BlueGrip S1
Backhand Rubber: Tibhar Quantum X Pro Soft

Re: Reply 1 to Poster Tony's Table Tennis in " Why are there restrictions for pips out rubbers? "

Post by Claire »

Tony's TableTennis wrote: on ]Feb 28, 2023 #6

(Tont was answering question of a thread called "Which do you think is more dangerous?")

To me, medium pimples.
medium pimples are not commonly used, so exposure to them is a lot more limited.

you get those medium pip blockers - which is like long pips, but the ball has strong spin, or you get those medium pip attackers where the ball sinks.

Medium pips are also more difficult to learn and control.
But Tony, I thought you said in TTDaily Post # 371165
There is no such thing as medium pimple. LOL