What is the most popular social rubber (for amateur players) ?

Highly technical & extremely controversial topics. Not for the faint of heart
Delmar 3E
State and City: Kristinehamn
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

What is the most popular social rubber (for amateur players) ?

Post by Delmar 3E »

The most popular social rubber is the spinverted rubber.
Spinverted rubber is commonly known as spinny inverted or smooth or reverse or pips-in rubber.
For a player's strong side (usually forehand) , spinverted rubber is practically the BEST functionl rubber (though short pips is theoretcially the best ; but almost 99% of humans do not have the talent & table tennis skills to be able to use it as even the strong side rubber) .
However most amateur players use spinverted rubbers thinking (more like deluding) that it is also functional on their weakside (usually backhand)
This is how spinverted rubber becomes a social rubber on the weakside.

What is spinverted the most popular soical (but not fucntional) rubber ?
Because majority of players in tabletennis use spinverted rubbers both sides.
Almost all children should only be using spinverted both sides till they become adults
Howver on the other hand most adults than not should not be using spinverted on their weakside. Half of them do not even know it. The other hald knows it but still use spinverted on their weakside (usually backhand) for fear of social retribution & rejection from robotNazis who control the ITTF and the tabletnnis world.
Fred JS
State and City: Vancouver, B.C.
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Re: What is the most popular social rubber (for amateur players) ?

Post by Fred JS »

Manufacturers (especially European & Japanese) do not want players to start using non-spinverted rubbers on the weakside
Because spinverted rubbers have higher profit margins & they hav eto be replaced 100 times as often.
That is like almost like 30% to 50% loss of their business

So I am sure they hate what you are saying LOL