State and City: Gulfport,MS
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Re: Eberhard Scholer - his p0rn like video

Post by junruk 3 »

When I think of Scholer , I am reminded of some aciors & actresses who becme famous later on but early in their career they made p0rn videos as struggling actors & acteresses but are now ashamed and wish these p0rn videos never existed.

Scholer made a tutorial video (I assume before the two color rule of 1982 ) for his equipment dealership called Scholer Mickey or something
In this video, he explains how to twiddle the racket using a black & black (same color) racket with spinverted rubebr one side & antispin on the other side.
I had a VHS copy of this video but lost it while I was moving.

Why do I consider this a p0rn like like video ?
Because later on Scholer was the mastermind behind the two of the most infamous & hateful regulation changes to oppress long pips players (both blockers but especially choppers who had been successfully externinated by ITTF on males side largely thanks to Scholer & the bitter irony being , he is a chopper himself as is Adham Sharara) in table tennis ,
1. 1998 Durban Aspect Ratio Reduction massacre
2. 2008 Frictionless Pips Ban.

Additionally he probably masterminded the 2004 Pip Distribution Density Regulation as well ??

I heard stories that Scholer only hated long pips but not antispin rubbers .
Maybe this was then all about his business rival Dr.Neubauer & his long pipe ? LOL

Does anyone have this video ? I would love to see it if they can upload to YouTube or something.
Hector 5
State and City: Puerto Cortés
My blade: Butterfly Gergley
Forehand Rubber: Sriver
Backhand Rubber: Mark V
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Re: Eberhard Scholer

Post by Hector 5 »

Scholer was a great player & all that
But I don't understand how an equipment dealer got on , off all places, the Equipment Committee of the ITTF
It is almost like a drug cartel leader being appointed as a supreme court judge LOL

A monumental conflict of interest