Metaxa questions about premature pips / anti usage among Asian children

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
Hector 5
State and City: Puerto Cortés
My blade: Butterfly Gergley
Forehand Rubber: Sriver
Backhand Rubber: Mark V
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Metaxa questions about premature pips / anti usage among Asian children

Post by Hector 5 »

Metaxa wrote:on Friday August 25 at 11:30 AM #183
-I don't think they promote pips to young players in Western Europe. They will always try to convince young players to play with inverted rubbers.
-a new system in Asia to promote pips towards the future?
There is no "system" in Asia to prmote pips. Impressionable children get seduced by watching other young children use pips & they want to take a short cut path to quick success.
Though I am a long pips player, I think children should NOT be using pips or anti until they are maybe 14 or 16 or 18 whatever. They should only use smooth rubebr both sides. And all junior events must only allow smooth rubber only. (However children should be able to use pips & anti in adult events so as not to prevent a talented chopper or blocker playing against the best using their best equipment already). This way ALL children can develop their strokes properly on both forehand & backhand as much as possible & also not interfering the devlopment of other children.

If I am not mistaken, most if not all junior events in Canada & Japan allow only smooth rubber to ages 14