Re: list of best table tennis rubbers

Most discussion forums (especially table tennis) are full of posters asking the wrong question based on totally false premises or lack of knowledge about the issue at hand etc. This sub-forum is dedicated to identifying such questions & useless & usually hilarious answers in various tableetnnis forums & also shows what the right answer should have been
Divyanka
State and City: Narmadapuram
My blade: DHS Fang Bo B2X
Forehand Rubber: 999 T1
Backhand Rubber: Mo Avalox Super pips
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Post by Divyanka »

Paris2024 wrote: on December 30, 2021 #1
Here is the list of the best table tennis rubbers in 2021-2022, what do you think?

The list includes:
Butterfly Tenergy 05
Butterfly Dignics 05
Butterfly Tenergy 64
Tibhar Evolution MX-P
Nittaku Fastarc G-1
DHS Hurricane3 H38
Joola Rhyzm-P
Yasaka Rakza Z
XIOM Vega Europe
Donic Bluefire M-2
Gives an idea as to how robotNazis think
Every rubberon this list is a spinverted rubber
Last edited by Divyanka on September 16th, 2023, 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Divyanka

Post by Divyanka »

Lazer wrote:Dec 30, 2021 #2
"Best" is highly subjective, There simply is none.

Cheers
L-zr

Yes and No

The best rubber is the rubber that works for you the best
Last edited by Divyanka on September 16th, 2023, 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Divyanka

Post by Divyanka »

Attitude wrote: on December 30, 2021 #3
Best *BACKHAND* rubbers to correct your title

Well , it should be divided up into the best forehand rubber and best backhand rubber given that generally the forheand is the strong side for most humans & backhand the weakside for most humans.

Based on that the best forehand rubber would only be spinverted for most humans but ideally short pips for the very few most talented among us humans
For the backhand , most pros are capable of using spinverted and most amateurs are not & for most amateurs the one and ONLY best backhand rubber is super pips
Last edited by Divyanka on September 16th, 2023, 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Divyanka

Post by Divyanka »

Lazer wrote:I'm FH dominant,
So are most humans (not only in table tennis but in any (racket) sport). Also table tennis is a forehand dominant sport
Lazer wrote:but I see no reason to have different rubbers on each side,
Cheers
L-zr
You are contradicting yourself. You admit your forehand is stronger.
Also for most humans backhand also has a different playing style than forehand. For example one player may have a better block or flat hit or chop on the backhand than forehand (this is also the case for most players but most also are in denial & want to live the fantasy that they are a Rosskopf or Kreanga)
Divyanka

Post by Divyanka »

brokenball wrote: Dec 30, 2021 #8
Also, how does each rubber fit into my mode/style for the day.
True.
And this is usually very different for an amateur compared to a pro.
Because most pros can use spinverted on their backhand though most pros also have a weaker backhand than forehand but not as week as an an amatuer
brokenball wrote: Dec 30, 2021 #8
What is best is determined by what you want to do.
WRONG. The best is what you can do with a rubber and not what you want to do. What you want to do is usually based on your delusion of what a pro (your idol) can do with a rubber . There is a HUGE difference

Most amatuers can only block or flat hit or chop on their backhand and nothing wrong with that. But what is wrong is that most amateurs are under the delusion that they can loop on their backhand like Rosskopf or Kreanga & they are not even close
Last edited by Divyanka on September 16th, 2023, 1:02 am, edited 5 times in total.
Divyanka

Post by Divyanka »

Another false premise of the poster Paris2024's OP is that it only applies to the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era

Best rubbers of all time (coming from & including 38 mm ball era) are Sriver. Mark V , Impartial, Resilon & Feint Long Classic
Though I preferred Super Sriver over Sriver

I also admit I am not an expert on anti spin. Again this is different from 38 mm ball era because those from 39 mm ball era , the Butterfly SuperAnti & Yasaka AntiPower are obviously not frictionless enough inthe current 40+ plastic ball ONLY era

And I also admit I am mostly ignorant of rubberd from hardbat era (before I was born) though I herad Marty Reisman voided the two color rule for all sanctioned USATT tournaments going forward from November 2000 by using a Blue Leland hardbat rubber both sides at Baltimore,Maryland Open Teams Tournamnet in USA