TommyZai.....Re: Looking For : Frictionless Pips!

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
Belén Luisana
State and City: San Pedro de Jujuy
My blade: Double Fish HB Carbon
Forehand Rubber: Friendship/729 Battle MAX PRO
Backhand Rubber: Air Upupupup U3
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Post by Belén Luisana »

TommyZai wrote: on Monday, September 18, 2023 at 9:46 AM
Tommy Zai is alive and looking to use dead pips. Any "banned" frictionless LPs out there?
There is a whole section dedicated to this topic in iocTT.com called Please only use Super Functional Rubbers (not listed on ITTF LARC) as much as possible

Click here
Esteban 2001
State and City: Puerto Baquerizo Moreno
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by Esteban 2001 »

I assume you are looking for rubbers not listed on ITTF LARC & de-approved by ITTF

You can also check Pip Parametrics database for list of ITTF banned but WdTTF approved rubbers
Shantipryya
State and City: Bhimavaram , Andhra
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Indonesian Long Pips.......Re: Looking For : Frictionless Pips!

Post by Shantipryya »

There are tons of frictionless type pips from Indonesia but only available on Shopee, Indonesia or Malaysia.
I wish someone would start distributing these in India
There are just millions of women who want to emulate Manika Batra & Sreeja Akula, Ayhika Mukherjee, Sutirtha Mukherjee etc
The market is huge. You can laugh all the way to the bank
MalirDyea
State and City: Asenovgrad, Plovdiv
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Indonesian Long Pips.......Re: Looking For : Frictionless Pips!

Post by MalirDyea »

Shantipryya wrote: September 19th, 2023, 1:40 am There are tons of frictionless type pips from Indonesia but only available on Shopee, Indonesia or Malaysia.
I wish someone would start distributing these in India
There are just millions of women who want to emulate Manika Batra & Sreeja Akula, Ayhika Mukherjee, Sutirtha Mukherjee etc
The market is huge. You can laugh all the way to the bank
Almost all these Indonesian pips are for close to the table chop blockers.
Since I have not tested these I cannot say.
The only super long pips rubber that comes close to being chopper rubber is Magic 77 sold on Ali Express
Even that is more of an all round rubber because the looper torture index is still not high enough as there is not enough back spin because the top of the pips are not rough enough . But Magic 77 is the best all round long pips I have ever used in my life in the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era but I hope more chopping super long pips will become available soon. Butterfly Feint Long Classic version was the best in the 38 ball era before ITTF brutally banned it with the 1998 Durban Aspect Ratio Reduction Massacre
Mansukhani 3
State and City: Ichalkaranji, Maharashtra
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by Mansukhani 3 »

I just noticed that this above posting by TommyZai in MyTT forum was deleted almost immediately from the main forum & hidden in For Sale forum
Obviously even mentioning let alone discussing non-ITTF pips (both de-approved & non-approved) is a big no no in ITTF worship forums :lol:
Muthu A
State and City: Cuddalore
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Re: Feint Long 3 is not a Frictionless LP ........Re: Looking For : Frictionless Pips!

Post by Muthu A »

In reply to TommyZai looking for frictionless LP
Joris wrote:on September 19, 2023 4:35pm
Butterfly Feint Long 1.3mm
Joris HELLO !!!

Butterfly Feint Long 3 is the least frictionless of all long pips

Feint Long Classic, Feint Long 2 & Feint Long 3 are all high friction long pips designed for choppers not blockers

As far as I know Butterfly NEVER made a frictionless long pips rubber.
Last edited by Muthu A on September 20th, 2023, 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blocker8
State and City: Lunenburg, NS
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Re: Feint Long 3 is not a Frictionless LP ........Re: Looking For : Frictionless Pips!

Post by Blocker8 »

The ONLY frictionless pips Butterfly made I know of is Resilon which was one of the best short pips before it was banned by the Frictionless Pips Ban of 2008
win spinner
State and City: St Asaph
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by win spinner »

Feint Long Classic was banned by the 1998 Durban Aspect Ratio Reduction Regulation Massacre
Feint Long Classic was referred to as just Feint Long before the 1998 change.
Emily Tos
State and City: Santo Domingo
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by Emily Tos »

Butterfly released Feint Long 2 after Feint Long Classic was banned. This was during the 40- celluloid ball era.
But it got banned by ITTF and they had to release a new version of Feint Long 2 which stays approved as of today along with Feint Long 3
Renyard
State and City: Fontaine-l'Évêque
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by Renyard »

Emily Tos wrote: September 20th, 2023, 5:02 am Butterfly released Feint Long 2 after Feint Long Classic was banned. This was during the 40- celluloid ball era.
But it got banned by ITTF and they had to release a new version of Feint Long 2 which stays approved as of today along with Feint Long 3
But there is no way to tell the difference by looking at the rubber logo because they look the same. Just like most Butterfly rubbers, neither version of Feint Long 2 had an approval code. The only way to tell is the different package they came in.
Esteban 2001
State and City: Puerto Baquerizo Moreno
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by Esteban 2001 »

Joris wrote:on September 19, 2023 4:35pm
Butterfly Feint Long 1.3mm
Joris,
For a pips rubber to be firctionless , the top ( and or sides) of the pips should be smooth or like glassy

Think about a frictionless anti. The surface is slick. The same concept applies to frictionless pips.

Conversely when the top & sides of a pip are rough , it is a high friction long pips rubber.

You should be able to see on You Tube or elsewhere, lots of pictures frictionless ( such as Butterflu Resilon) long pips & high friction long pips (such as Feint Long)

High friction pips will actually have sort of tiny pips on top of each individual pip . You can see this with even a naked eye or using a magifying glass

It is possible to simulate frictionless behavior for long pips such as using proper material or making them more flexible or spread apart etc.
But usually the dominant pip design parameter that makes it a frictionless pip is the top of the pip & sides