Unapproved vs unacceptable vs illegal (criminal) vs deapproved rubbers

As most of you may not know for sure, pips rubbers listed on ITTF LARC are 200% functionally useless in the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era. This section is for discussion about older rubbers from 38 mm ball era & 40- celluloid ball ere that may be still more functionally useful in the 40+ plastic ball era than rubbers designed for 40+ plastic ball ONLY era. This section also discusses new rubbers that are not listed on ITTF LARC but are functionally superior to rubbers currently listed on current ITTF LARC. Contrary to popular myth ITTF is NOT the sole supreme authority on table tennis & you are free to use these super functional rubbers as you wish. The question of who will play against you is a just only a matter of who are your true friends in table tennis & not ITTF rules or regulations especially at lower levels & especially in tournaments not affiliated with ITTF (incorrectly referred to as “unsanctioned” tournaments)
Leap of Loop
State and City: Wrexham
My blade: 729 Rosewood 5
Forehand Rubber: 999 T-1
Backhand Rubber: XuShaoFa 999 ZCD
Playing Style: All round
Grip: Shakehand

Unapproved vs unacceptable vs illegal (criminal) vs deapproved rubbers

Post by Leap of Loop »

People you need to understand the seemingly subtle but functionally enormous differences between these various rubber types

Not all ITTF unapproved or ITTF deapproved rubbers are unacceptable for use in non-ITTF tournaments
When I say non-ITTF, I mean any ITTF event or an event held under an ITTF affiliate such as USATT or TTAustralia or JTTAA etc

The use of the word "sanctioned" is quite misleading because it makes it sound like ITTF (or its affiliates) the sole supreme authority on table tennis, which of course is not true. You do not need ITTF's permission to use an ITTF deapproved or an ITTF unapproved rubber in you basement or at you local club or a tournament not under the ITTF.

But the robotNazi controlled ITTF (& its affiliates) love to use the word "sanctioned" to make it sound like you are committing a crime by playing in an unsanctioned tournament, whereas the simple fact remains that the only players who are committing crimes are those using spoosters or spin glues that are unapproved under ITTF rule 2.4.7 & USATT RIP 3.1.4 & also illegal under common law as applied to hazardous chmicals as mandated by ITTF (not me)

Not all ITTF unapproved or ITTF deapproved rubbers are illegal under common law. But only rubbers (almost always spinverted) that have been spoosted & spin glued are illegal under common law, according to ITTF (not me) . On the other hand treated pips are ITTF unapproved but not illegal like spoosted rubbers.

A ITTF deappoved rubber does not mean it is unacceptable. There are scores of perfectly fine rubbers that are totally acceptable to ITTF rules & regulations but ITTF disapproved them because the manufacturer did not pay the yearly licensing fees to the ITTF.
jackson 3d
State and City: Shreveport, LA
My blade: Giant Dragon Kris II
Forehand Rubber: Sword Nano
Backhand Rubber: DF 1615
Playing Style: All round defensive
Grip: Shakehand

Re: Unapproved vs unacceptable vs illegal (criminal) vs deapproved rubbers

Post by jackson 3d »

Very good point.
Boosting is unapproved under ITTF rule 2.4.7 & USATT RIP 3.1.4 & also illegal under comon law as applied to hazardous chmeicals as mandated by ITTF (not me)
But I had no idea if was actually due to health reasons by ITTF & illegal under under common law

I was confused because players who boost try to confuse others by trying to justify that non-VOC chemicals ar approved.
But ITTF never ever said that. Any modification of rubber (whether with VOC or non-VOC) is unapproved per ITTF rule 2.4.7 & USATT RIP 3.1.4 & also illegal under comon law as applied to hazardous chmeicals as mandated by ITTF (not me)
Dawsons
State and City: Rasharkin
My blade: DHS Hurricane Long 5 Golden
Forehand Rubber: Yinhe Jupiter National
Backhand Rubber: Sanwei Ghost
Playing Style: All round loop & block
Grip: cPen (Chinese Penhold)

Re: Unapproved vs unacceptable vs illegal (criminal) vs deapproved rubbers

Post by Dawsons »

jackson 3d wrote: August 23rd, 2023, 4:06 am Very good point.
Boosting is unapproved under ITTF rule 2.4.7 & USATT RIP 3.1.4 & also illegal under comon law as applied to hazardous chmeicals as mandated by ITTF (not me)
But I had no idea if was actually due to health reasons by ITTF & illegal under under common law

I was confused because players who boost try to confuse others by trying to justify that non-VOC chemicals ar approved.
But ITTF never ever said that. Any modification of rubber (whether with VOC or non-VOC) is unapproved per ITTF rule 2.4.7 & USATT RIP 3.1.4 & also illegal under comon law as applied to hazardous chmeicals as mandated by ITTF (not me)
All these probleme come because ITTF has been double dealing the players & the IOC for so long
They want the IOC to believe that they have fixed the health issue with the 2008 fakes nooster ban and al the while misleading players claiming that this is just a performance issue.
The joke thickness test gauges are a proof of this
They came up with some Enez tester years ago. This is almost as funny as stores using fake video cameras LOL