Tony's TableTennis says "Say NO to barriers" at professional clubs

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
PsiBeta
State and City: Leeds
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Tony's TableTennis says "Say NO to barriers" at professional clubs

Post by PsiBeta »

The following is a posting banned from TTDaily. forum

When a friendly suggestion ws made that "maybe" the tables should be barriered at Tony'Tabletenniss club, Tony lashed out angrily Th TT Daily mderator Carl endorsed Tony by suggetsing that CNT (Chinsese National Team) doe snit use barriers and theerfore it is not necessary for professional clubs to have individually barriered courts.

Here is the reply by poster named PsiBeta below to Carl & Tony'sTableTEnnis that was delted at TT Daily but Tony's reply was left in tact. Of course Carl's reply defending Tony stays.Carl is the freaking moderator .

UpSideDownCarl wrote: in TtDaily Post # 378197
Ma Lin training serve in a CNT training facility at some point around 2011:
If I had a wide angle, the setup would be similar to where Tony is training.

Carl,
It is not clear to me as to what you & Tony are trying to imply.

Are you saying that professional clubs that have barriers and / or can afford barriers should not be or need not be using barriers just because most professional clubs in your opinion including CNT do not use barriers ........because someone in South Africa complained that there are more barriers than balls, even though there are 1000 times more balls than barriers in Taiwan ?

Are you suggesting that all professional clubs remove barriers between tables and let balls fly between tables ? And also remove the collection nets that Tony's club is using in Taiwan ( I am not talking about South Africa where there are more barriers than balls) .

If so, I accept your advice & stand corrected & also suggest that all professional clubs stop wasting money buying barriers to create divided courts & all professional clubs should make their clubs look like rec, center clubs, so that this will attract more "ping pong" players in countries like USA and turn them into serious tabletennis players that way and let 1000s of balls fly between courts. I apologize & I was totally out of line in thoughtlessly criticizing a highly established club like Tony's club & it was totally uncalled for
I now realize that it is probably a scam by manufacturers to try to sell extra barriers to professional clubs when they don't need them. I now realize how stupid all the struggling clubs in places like USA, who cannot afford to buy barriers , go and waste precious club money buying those ugly cardboard rolls...........because there is absolutely no risk of players slipping by stepping on balls or player collecting etc.
I especially love Tony's justification as to why side barriers are not at all needed in professinall clubs where he says :-
Side barriers honestly speaking, is useless in stopping balls, since each table uses over 300 balls at a time. And the amount of power in those shots, side barriers can't stop every one.
Again I aplogize & admire your quickly & thoughtfully coming to Tony's defense in this matter by using CNT example that really opend my eyes wide open.