State and City: Lahore
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: Two Wing Looper
Grip: Shakehand

No human is good enough to use identical rubber both sides

Post by Loop Spin »

Somewhere in the 1990s or 2000s , the Swedish Table Tennis Association proposed what is probably the most stupid proposal to ITTF (it failed).
They proposed a change that would require both sides of a racket to have identical rubbers.

Thet is quite surprising because simple human anatomy dictates that your backhand is either weaker or different from your forehand for ALL human beings.

One of the best advancements of the sport is that the sponge domain allows a player to choose vastly different rubbers for their backhand & forehand to match their playing styles. Usually the backand is weaker and or different in style for all human beings in any racket sport. It is not anybodys' fault but just the nature of the human condition & physiology.

No human is good enough to use identical rubber on both sides . Noone. PERIOD .Not Ma Long, Not Waldner. Not Persson. Nobody.
These players may use spinny inverted rubber both sides but even these players may benefit from using slightly differnt rubbers.
I know for isntance that even Kreanga swicthed to Tenergy 64 from Tenrgy 05 on his incredible backhand. he uses Tenergy 05 on forehand
Ther are so many examples even among two wing loopers
Susanne V
State and City:
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Re: No human is good enough to use identical rubber both sides

Post by Susanne V »

There probably were few two handed players before him but Bjorn Borg (& Chris Evert) are the ones who literally started & caused the near extinction of one handed backhand in today's tennis.