Re: Post Reply - Limba, ayous, pine or cedar?

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
Ngyen A
State and City: Baguio
My blade:
Forehand Rubber: Liha Sandpapaer
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: Chop blocker
Grip: cPen (Chinese Penhold)

Post by Ngyen A »

fmonte wrote: on Monday 10/02/2023 at 12:41pm
Hi! I am doing a blade with Limba-Ash-ZLC-Ayous-ALC-?-Limba. I would like to make the backhand side (the one with alc) slower, so which wood should I use between limba and ALC: Limba, ayous, pine or cedar (those are the 4 that I have access to) to make it slower?
ALC should be on the forehand side not on the backhand side unless you are one of those rare players with backhand as your strong side & flat hits with short pips on backhand

Generally the ALC should be on forehand *strong side for most humans)
Kannitha
State and City:
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Post by Kannitha »

yogi_bear wrote: on Monday October 02, 2023 at 7:26pm
ayous but if you want to make it slower, why not a soft carbon like the one in Ma Lin Soft Carbon?
[/quote]
Incorrect. Because Carbon will make the side stiffer and faster. Even the slowest and soft carbon.
This is why all manufacrurers move dto composites other than carbon after carbon was just sued.
Then they used layers like Kevlar which was not as hard & stiff as carbon but still gave a good sweet spot.