Is charmander defender still living in the 38 mm ball era ? Re : Regular sized anti blades

Most discussion forums (especially table tennis) are full of posters asking the wrong question based on totally false premises or lack of knowledge about the issue at hand etc. This sub-forum is dedicated to identifying such questions & useless & usually hilarious answers in various tableetnnis forums & also shows what the right answer should have been
Inesa
State and City: Barcelona
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: All round defensive
Grip: Shakehand

Is charmander defender still living in the 38 mm ball era ? Re : Regular sized anti blades

Post by Inesa »

charmander defender wrote: on Saturday 14 October 2023, 16:48
Don't know if this has been posted before.I need to know which regular sized blades are on the current market for anti play.
I think Terror by DMS is one of them.Thanks .
is this for you ? Is yes & given that you are a competitive player, you should not be using social rubbers for competitive play.
Anti rubbers & long pips rubbers listed on ITTF LARC are social rubbers in the context of the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era and are yesterday's news . Re:
Please use only high aspect artio super long pips on a large asymmetric blade (at least 170 mm by 170 mm) /
No such production blades exist. Make a custome one .

ขอให้โชคดี
Kausalya
State and City: Guntur, A.P.
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: All round
Grip: Shakehand

ZFT is mistaken about blade for anti Re : Regular sized anti blades

Post by Kausalya »

ZFT wrote: Tuesday 17 October 2023, 06:18
Any stiff blade is fine for anti.
GregorTT425 wrote: Wednesday 25th October 2023, 06:01
Generally speaking, the idea you need a stiff blade for anti is pretty much a myth I believe.
They have the same ridicuolus myth for long pips as well
These myths have been repeatedly propagated by HaggisV & many others & I do not understand that

You want an asymmetric blade for combination play with a sofetr slower side for long pip sor anti. The smooth rubber side has to be little stiffer & fster but it i s a personal preferance. If you use short pips on forehand you want a much stiffer side