moming 's false premises

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
James Z
State and City: Rottweil
My blade: Custom jPen
Forehand Rubber: Yasaka Mark V
Backhand Rubber: Magic 77
Playing Style: Modern Defender (Loop & chop)
Grip: jPen / kPen ( Japanese / Korean penhold)

moming 's false premises

Post by James Z »

moming wrote: on 15 October 2022, 17:36
I think, first of all, no offense to everyone here, but I doubt too many of us on the forum or in this thread are Top 10 players in the world. Likely not even Top 100. They maybe some who are Top 100 in their own country.
You thought wrong my friend.
Because the very basic premise of your argument is seriously flawed. Because
1. you do not have to be a top 10 or top 100 player to be correct about a cxertain issue
2. Are top 100 players perfect ? They do not make mistakes ?
The huge problem in internet forums is celebrity worship. It is especially worse in ITTF worship forums.
Low level players are so over obsessed with what rubber & blades that a pro player uses & seriously dekude themselvesthat what works for a pro will automatically work for them & this is exactly what the manufacturers want LOL
The reason I say this, is placement, reversal, and disruption likely doesn't bother the Top 100 in the world so much. .
Ok no problem. If what you are saying is true, why can't all the robotNazis stop their criminal boosting & agree to reduce the maximum rubber thickness from 4.0 mm to 3.5 mm for the benefit of longer rallies for spectators ? Of course the robotNazis agree to this. All they want is to further reduce the capabilities of long pips while at the same time blaming a handful of pips treating cheats, while criminal spin gluing & boosting is rampant
Most importantly you & everyone else don't seem to understand that the seemingly microscpoic changes by ITTF to limit pip over cause lot more problems to defenders. Why do you think I say Joo Sae Hyuk is the REAL GOAT of table tennis ? That is because but for the 5 or 6 changes by ITTF limit pips, no attacker would have any chance against Joo Sae Hyuk in his prime

, it is likely because the LP player either has a super strong and unbreakable defense which good variation (using skill mostly) and/or has a super forehand attack. When your FH is strong, your opponent will be more bothered by the reversal, disruption and placement, since they know they HAVE to work on the kill and placements, or you will hit back hard.
/quote]
Again so if what rubbers that defender (or others) use doesn't matter why don't we all play with 3.5 mm rubbers with no boosting . Rubbers (or blades) don't matter right ? Or maybe only loopers need the best rubbers but defenders don't . REALLY