Re:Manika Batra post by DiegoX

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
koew .
State and City: San Diego,CA
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: All round
Grip: Shakehand

Re:Manika Batra post by DiegoX

Post by koew . »

koew wrote: on Monday 01 January 2024, 17:04
Because of aging I am trying become a close to the table blocker. Used to be an away from the table chopper.
But thinking of Manika Batra I tend to think that she has reached the saturation point with most of her skills including twiddling & at the table blocking.
This has become sort of predictable. She lost in the first round in Indian Nationals this year & also similar in last year nationals . Also mostly because most Indian women are now imitating her with Dtec backhand.
But Manika has some advantages in that she is tall with a wide reach & she is definitely athletic enough. So I would tend to think maybe she must do more chopping combining it with her close to the table blocking , such as chop a few ball & suddenly come in and block wide to opponent's forehand (using her inverted on the backhand for speed) as soon as the opponent has stepped around & gets comfortable against the chop. The Dtec is good enough to be able chop decently unless she is going to switch to a super long pips. (The REAL GOAT of all of table tennis, Joo Saehyuk himself tried to use Dtec for a while) . This is the style I would play now if I was younger & less stupid . Of course this mix of chopping & blocking style is easier said than done & not an easy style to master . Otherwise every chopper or athletic blocker would be doing it LOL
Also there are some players who are notoriously weak against the chop & Manika should be able to beat them easier.
Other players she can torture them with a strategic mix of chopping & blocking depending on the opponent
She definitely needs to further diversify her game with a bigger stroke arsenal.
Otherwise as it stands now I will be shocked if she gets any better in the rankings. It is sort of the same old same old. I do give her lot of credit for improving her twiddling game later on in her career though.
DiegoX wrote: replied on Tuesday 02 January 2024, 00:44
I’m respectfully disagree about chopping. Actually if she goes far from the table,
I never meant to say she must chop full time. If I meant to say that I would have suggested that she must switch to a chopping type long pips like KTL Stranger or Feint Long 3 (If she wants to stict with long pipss on ITTF LARC which are absolurtely useless in the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era due to the 9 rule and regulation changes by ITTF since 1983 to oppress defenders). That is why I clearly even said the Dtec is good enough
I only suggested that she must play a strategic mix of chopping & blocking
DiegoX wrote:her game will lost the surprise that come from a fast answer close to the table.
My point was exactly opposite. There is no surprise. Everyone knows her blocking style. As I pointed out every Indian woman is imitating her. As a result she lost in the first round in Indian nationals & also before .
On the other hand a strategic mix of chopping & blocking would be the surprise as compared to just blocking.