HaggisV needs to understand the most distinguishing trait of table tennis to start with > Re:2-speed blades

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
James Z
State and City: Rottweil
My blade: Custom jPen
Forehand Rubber: Yasaka Mark V
Backhand Rubber: Magic 77
Playing Style: Modern Defender (Loop & chop)
Grip: jPen / kPen ( Japanese / Korean penhold)

HaggisV needs to understand the most distinguishing trait of table tennis to start with > Re:2-speed blades

Post by James Z »

HaggisV , NextLevel , Iskandar Tab, UpsideDownCarl & others etc,
You need to clearly understand the most fundamental distinguishing trait of table tennis to start with, compared to other racket sport, before posting crazy nonsense about 2 speed blades etc.
Because HaggisV , NextLevel , Iskandar Taib, UpsideDownCarl have demonstrated basic ignorance on this subject in the past.

In most other racket sport spin is important but to varying degrees. For example pickleball was initially designed to almost eliminate all spin and the initial all wood type pickleball rackets are examples of that (It now seems that pickleball has also moved to composite paddles mostly due to marketing gimmicks of more spin with speed).

TTX, the bastardized & failing version of table tennis also aims at reducing spin.

The neo hardbat & sandpaper ( aka Liha) movement are also results of modern spin haters attempt to turn the clock back to stone age.

Tennis is more spin oriented than probably all other sports (except table tennis) but still speed is more of a dominant factor than spin.

Table tennis is most likely the ONLY racket sport where spin is its most distinguishing trait as compared to other racket sport.
May not be perfect (and hardbat & TTX players argue it is bad for table tennis) but spin is what makes table tennis unique.

Is speed important ? Yes it is is but speed is still secondary to spin in table tennis as demonstrated by the lack of short pips flat hitters in table tennis at higher levels in recent years. Even tennis has moved towards more spin emphasis (but almost exclusively top spin) because the last great pure flat hitter of the ball was Jimmy Connors (& maybe Ken Rosewall) .

Diverse spins (combined with its ever increasing speeds) is what makes table tennis the most difficult & complex individual sport there is.

I have to make this clear to you guys because I get the strong impression that you seem to think speed is the primary element of table tennis

With this mind I will now discuss about your improper defintion of "two speed blades", which is a misnomer phrase as it applied to table tennis