UpsideDownCarl & Tony's TableTennis are confused about barrier usage

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
PsiBeta
State and City: Leeds
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

UpsideDownCarl & Tony's TableTennis are confused about barrier usage

Post by PsiBeta »

UpsaidDownCarl wrote in TTDailyForum
Yep. And I was just showing PsiBeta that where you are training is the standard for professional training. And he is talking about clubs for amateurs. You explained it pretty fully in your answer to him though.

He wrotes the above after banning PsiBeta from TTDAily forum
I replied to both Carl & Tony's TableTennis but of course Carl deleted only PsiBeta's reply leaving TonysTableTennis's reply to PsiBeta's post which inititaed the thread. This is a standard practice in all ITTF Worship forums and posters really cannot do anything about it in thos eforums.

However below is my reply to Carl's above post

UpsaidDownCarl wrote in TTDailyForum
Yep. And I was just showing PsiBeta that where you are training is the standard for professional training. And he is talking about clubs for amateurs. You explained it pretty fully in your answer to him though.

REALLY Carl ? Are you suggesting that all training centers worldwide follow CNT example & TonyTableTennis example and not use barriered courts at their facilities ? Or maybe the centers that use barriered courts must get rid of them Thanks for the laughs

And it is even more ridiculous for Carl to claim that I am suggesting that you need barriered courts oly at recerationall facilities & not at professional facilities. OMG

Additional reply was posted by me on this sheer nonsense by Tony'sTableTennis & Carl in the two threads below (Click on links below)

TonysTableTennis says NO to divided barriers

Carl says play barefeet

BTW Carl, no hard feelings. I understand and respect your job as moderator bamming me & protecting forum regulars like Tony, however wrong they can be or rogue they can get. You even PMed once being supportive of my postings & I realize it is yoru boss who made you delete all my postings at TTDaily, which is fine. I am not making fun of you but I am very disappointed you jumped too prematurely supporting TonysTableTennis without giving any thought to what I was trying to say.
However I intended no malice whatsoever when I commented on TonysTableTennis setupbut Tony turned it into somthing I nevr intended by injecting another innocent comment on another therad about footwar rules & regulations
Joanne 77
State and City: Derry
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Re: UpsideDownCarl & Tony's TableTennis are confused about barrier usage

Post by Joanne 77 »

It is pretty sad how some people get so obsessed with pro worship that let it totally blind their normal ability to think and ridiculoisly suggest that only amteur rec center facilities need barriers between tables and not high level training centers.

I know many training centers may not be big enough and or can afford barriers or even cardboard rolls but that is a different issue.
Thomas 8
State and City: Trenton, NJ
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by Thomas 8 »

Joanne 77 wrote: August 18th, 2022, 2:18 am It is pretty sad how some people get so obsessed with pro worship that let it totally blind their normal ability to think and ridiculoisly suggest that only amteur rec center facilities need barriers between tables and not high level training centers.

I know many training centers may not be big enough and or can afford barriers or even cardboard rolls but that is a different issue.
LOL
I guess the attached picturea below are of some places in USA that are "recreational" "ping pong" "clubs"

BTW I am by no means trying ridicule TonysTableTennis facility at all.
In fact I tried to understand this somemore. I realized that lot even lots of full time training centers in USA do not have ANY barriered courts at all. Some have partial. Ther reason is that tabletennis facilities in USA need to squeeze in as many tables as possible to maximize their income to barely survive & I fully understand that.

But my opinion is the same as PsiNet >> Full time training centers MUSt have fully barriered courts both fo safety as well as image reasons if the center can afford it. If not at least a combination barriered and non-barrierd courts must be made available. This is done at man sensible full time tabletennis centers worldwide.

pic 1.jpg
pic 1.jpg (62.29 KiB) Viewed 1543 times
pic 2.jpg
pic 2.jpg (86.91 KiB) Viewed 1543 times
pic 4.jpg
pic 4.jpg (86.41 KiB) Viewed 1540 times
pic 3.jpg
pic 3.jpg (50.59 KiB) Viewed 1543 times
pic 5.jpg
pic 5.jpg (22.17 KiB) Viewed 1535 times
pic 6.jpg
pic 6.jpg (62.91 KiB) Viewed 1535 times
pic 7.jpg
pic 7.jpg (16.06 KiB) Viewed 1535 times
pic 8.jpg
pic 8.jpg (43.63 KiB) Viewed 1535 times
Spin Queen
State and City: Atlanta,Georgia
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by Spin Queen »

Here are few more pictures of "amateur" "ping pong" "clubs" in USA
pic 9.jpg
pic 9.jpg (95.45 KiB) Viewed 1532 times
pic 10.jpg
pic 10.jpg (38.61 KiB) Viewed 1532 times
pic 11.jpg
pic 11.jpg (126.13 KiB) Viewed 1532 times
pic 12.jpg
pic 12.jpg (71.93 KiB) Viewed 1530 times
Jones Robertz
State and City: Trax TT
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by Jones Robertz »

I have to disagree with PsiBeta & agree with UpsideDownCarl & TonysTableTennis on this one.

Pros (or any player who wnates to pretend to be a pro by playing at any peo center) are perfect. They are so good that they can not only focus on the ball on the table but can also see 100s of balls around them simultaneously & will never never ever step on them. I know this for a fact that this has NEVER EVR happened in a pro facility in the history of tabletennis.

Theerfore if the "amateur" "pingpong" "clubs" (shown in pictures in this thread) ever become "pro" "table tennis" "centers", they should remove all barriers (waste of money) and just put all tables next to each othe rbecause when the pros hit the ball they hit or loop or so hard that they are going to go over 3 courts anyway. Therefore barriers, especially side barriers are a joke & not needed at all .
Davis G
State and City: Darwin, NT
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by Davis G »

Below are some "amateur" "pig pong" "clubs" in Australia
aus 8.jpg
aus 8.jpg (82.27 KiB) Viewed 1523 times
aus 7.jpg
aus 7.jpg (75.7 KiB) Viewed 1523 times
aus 6.jpg
aus 6.jpg (174.54 KiB) Viewed 1523 times
aus 5.jpg
aus 5.jpg (40.53 KiB) Viewed 1521 times
aus 4.jpg
aus 4.jpg (95.87 KiB) Viewed 1521 times
aus 3.jpg
aus 3.jpg (76.93 KiB) Viewed 1521 times
aus 2.jpg
aus 2.jpg (17.98 KiB) Viewed 1521 times
aus 1.jpg
aus 1.jpg (105.56 KiB) Viewed 1521 times
Wickedkeeper
State and City: Marylebone Cricket Club
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by Wickedkeeper »

I also went to YouTube to verify UpSideDownCarl's wild claims that "miilions" of pro setup use no barrier setups or Tony's TableTEnnis's even more crazy claim that your place is an amaetur pingpong club if it uses barriers.

Check this link below

Proper barriers setup for multiball

Almost all setups , Pro or semi-pro or amateur have barriers setup properly

In contrast look at the link below

No barriers setup

You decide which is the proper setup
Norwich Devils
State and City: Norwich
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by Norwich Devils »

Wickedkeeper wrote: August 27th, 2022, 5:35 am I also went to YouTube to verify UpSideDownCarl's wild claims that "miilions" of pro setup use no barrier setups or Tony's TableTEnnis's even more crazy claim that your place is an amaetur pingpong club if it uses barriers.

Check this link below

No barriers setup

The crazy thing about this is that it is not like the Tony's Club does not have the barriers. They do have them. If you look in the back against the wall you can see them sitting there.
But as someone pointed out earlier if someone offers some constructive criticism , Tony gets upset & defensive & lashes out at them such as there never had been an accident anywhere in the world . Ridiculous
Freddie Flintoff
State and City: Preston
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by Freddie Flintoff »

Norwich Devils wrote: August 27th, 2022, 5:42 am
Wickedkeeper wrote: August 27th, 2022, 5:35 am I also went to YouTube to verify UpSideDownCarl's wild claims that "miilions" of pro setup use no barrier setups or Tony's TableTEnnis's even more crazy claim that your place is an amaetur pingpong club if it uses barriers.

Check this link below

No barriers setup

The crazy thing about this is that it is not like the Tony's Club does not have the barriers. They do have them. If you look in the back against the wall you can see them sitting there.
But as someone pointed out earlier if someone offers some constructive criticism , Tony gets upset & defensive & lashes out at them such as there never had been an accident anywhere in the world . Ridiculous
Even more amazing is the fact that UpSideDownCarl deleted all the replies to Tony & and postes his own absurd claim defending Tony.