No such thing as "Long" pips in ITTF table tennis Re: The BEST Long Pips from ALL Brands

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
RGH 7
State and City: Welshpool, W.A.
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: Two Wing Looper
Grip: Shakehand

No such thing as "Long" pips in ITTF table tennis Re: The BEST Long Pips from ALL Brands

Post by RGH 7 »

DiegoX wrote: on Sunday, April 7, 2024 Post #1
Hello Pimplers,

This time I took the challenge to find all the brands who produce long pips (56 in total), and I tried to share which, in my opinion, are the best from each brand:
I apologize if you all think I am totally out of line but I see so many postings weekly talking about some rubber type called “long” pimples. Ok I admit I was using the wrong terminology for the past 20 year s or so myself.

I admit when I am wrong. I admit I was brainwashed between say 1977 & 1990 that a double inverted racket is the best for everyone including me , a chopper.

And I admit I was brainwashed till recently when the Indian (& Taiwanese) girls educated me as to why the double inverted racket Is a total fraud.

Anyway I do apologize for not using the right terminology after say 2004.

Because there is no such thing as “long” pimples in ITTF table tennis. Long pimples were banned in 1998 by the ITTF & were further conformed by ITTF with 8 more rule & regulation changes after 1998. It is a misprint in ITTF LARC. The rubbers listed on ITT LARC are actually just medium pimples rubbers (You will understand this better if you realize that ITTF dropped the maximum allowed Aspect Ratio from 1.3 down to 1.1 to bring it closer to the maximum allowed short pimples Aspect Ratio of 0.89) . The rubbers listed on ITTF are just dysfunctional social rubbers in the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era.

But if you want to be a “long pimples denier” and want to continue to believe everything ITTF says & truly believe ITTF makes changes in the best interest of the sport & all playing styles & not just boosted loopers , by all means please feel free continue to do so

And if you are looking for “long” pimples that may be useful in the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era, there really is not much.
I don’t support treated pimples & I found out that all the Indonesian long pimples are treated & I do not recommend them. The problem with treated pimples is that they violate Rule 2.4.7. The illegal booster cheats who outnumber pimples treat cheats like 200 to 1 always make a huge deal about pimples cheats. This is how the whole thing got started with so called microwaving of TSP P1 Curl & ITTF used it to pass the 1998 Aspect Ratio Reduction Regulation claiming that billions of children have committed suicide because they were traumatized. When the boosted loopers complain ITTF listens & make changes immediately, If the pimples users protest, ITTF has a good laugh. Anyway two wrongs don't make it a right.

I discuss below the non-treated long pimples that I highly recommend. These are not listed on ITTF LARC because these are not approved (ITTF only allows medium pimples on ITTF LARC & calls them “long” pimples).

Can these be used in iTTF events ? That is upto you to challenge the ITTF. If ITTF will allow players to boost but won't let you use a rubber that will give a somewhat level playing field, then it is on ITTF's conscience. And if a player refuses to play you in a league or practice, then you now know who your real friends are in table tennis.

(These listed below are all Chinese rubbers.
Europeans manufacturers don’t make any super pimples because either they are afraid of ITTF or they believe in the double inverted racket model and / or view long pimples as a freak side show)

If you are looking for chopping type “long” pimples, there aren’t any. Magic 77 come close but it is more of an all around rubber & this definitely is the best all around rubber I have played with. However this may not be useful if you are not playing against loopers over at least 1900 USATT rating because the high Looper Torture Index does not kick in at lower incoming top spin levels. But this rubber is also very good for blocking or hitting also.
Click link below
Magic 77

Note :- Saviga 77 is NOT super pimples

Mo Avalox is a blocking type long pimples rubber with vertical pip alignment. Looks like a slight mushroom shape. Some of you may like it.
Click link below
Mo Avalox
Note :- Don’t buy Avalox Mo, which is a medium pimples (so called long pimples) that is listed on ITTF LARC.

Reach C-801 is a mushroom long pimples & may be hard to control but it has very high back spin against high spin loops. At lower spins & speeds it seems harder to control. Was very unpredictable with blocking. Has higher pip density . I think it is worth a try ( You want C-801 not C-8 . It has a higher Aspect Ratio 1.36 )
Click link below
Reach C8 and C801

I tried Globe Mo Wang 3 is a vertically aligned & very fast blocking rubber with low pip density & I did not like. You may like.
Click link below
Globe Mo Wang 3

Note :- Don’t buy Globe Mo Wang 2 , which is a medium pimples (so called long pimples) that is listed on ITTF LARC.

I hope you all are not getting upset because I am exposing the truth about so called “long” pimples in ITTF table tennis. But if you want to continue believing that “long” pimples exist in the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era. I completely understand. But I hope you respect my opinion as to the truth about ITTF.

I strongly urge all players using the medium pimples (so called long pimples) listed on ITTF LARC to burn their LARC pimples and move to real functional long pimples
spin booster
State and City: Codrington
My blade: Yasaka Leopard
Forehand Rubber: Buttterfly Sriver
Backhand Rubber: Yasaka Mark V
Playing Style: Two Wing Looper
Grip: Shakehand

Re: No such thing as "Long" pips in ITTF table tennis Re: The BEST Long Pips from ALL Brands

Post by spin booster »

It is extremely difficult for newcomers to pips to underatand your concepts (as to why theer are no longer any long pips in ITTF table tennis)
Especially given that players who had been in the sport forever such as Rev.Larry Hodges , Tony's TableTennis, HaggisV (Alex), Baal, NextLevel etc do not understand why there are no long pips anymore in table tennis