HaggisV still clueless about rubber terminology Re: Gluing your own sponge to topsheet - still legal right?

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
Xochitl
State and City: Salamanca
My blade: Huieson S3
Forehand Rubber: Huaruite Wujilong R2
Backhand Rubber: Palio CK531A
Playing Style: All round
Grip: Shakehand

HaggisV still clueless about rubber terminology Re: Gluing your own sponge to topsheet - still legal right?

Post by Xochitl »

HaggisV wrote: on Sunday 21st April 2024, 23:48
Some of us with pimple (or anti-spin) rubbers may wish to glue a different sponge to the topsheet. Some pimple and antispin topsheets are available in OX so that this can be done.
I don't believe there are any rules against this, and it's still perfectly legal, as long as it does not violate the overall thickness rules and the sponge is made of legal material.
As far as I know this has not changed, is this correct?
Alex,
You need to stop using the word illegal in the context of table tennis rubbers that are not spein glued or boosted.
Only spein glued or boosted rubbers are "illegal" under common law that may subject the violators as well as ITTF, IOC etc to civil as well as criminal liabilities.
Using a rubber that is not lised on ITTF LARC is not "illegal" (in the context of non-boosted rubbers). You are just using an "unapproved" rubber not an "illegal" rubber. An ITTF approved rubber can become unapproved if a player vioaltes Rule 2.4.7 as well as become illegal because it violates local common lawa.

Note :- Spein glue = Speed+spin glue
Merdar
State and City: Norwich
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: All round chop and lob
Grip: Shakehand

Re: HaggisV still clueless about rubber terminology Re: Gluing your own sponge to topsheet - still legal right?

Post by Merdar »

HaggisV wrote: on Sunday 21st April 2024, 23:48
Some pimple and antispin topsheets are available in OX so that this can be done.
Alex,
I know many pips top sheets are available in OX
But do you sell anti spin top sheets only rubbers ?
It is not "illegal" to use OX anti spin rubbers in non ITTF tournaments but ITTF says use of top sheet only anti spin rubbers are not "approved" for use in ITTF sanctioned tournaments.

I have never heard of that
Which top sheet only anti spin rubbers do you carry & sell at OOAK shop ?
Dorra Hafsia
State and City: Ettadhamen[
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Re: HaggisV still clueless about rubber terminology Re: Gluing your own sponge to topsheet - still legal right?

Post by Dorra Hafsia »

Alex,
Please read this thread to get a clear undestanding about the difference between illegal and unapproved rubbers
Have a nice day