Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: All round chop and lob
Grip: Shakehand

Re: Where to buy inverted top sheet only

Post by Tom Pimpler »

Are you sure about this ?
Because I read the follwoing in another forum
Debater wrote: on Tuesday 30 April 2024, 00:18
I contacted the ITTF Equipment team yesterday and asked them directly.

I received a helpful response from Emese Barsai, Equipment Manager today. This was their response.

"Thank you for your e-mail.

Please find below the answer for your questions.

Basically, you can add att spong to the OX versions and use the OX versions of pimple OUT/LONG rubbers with sponge too.

For your information, we would like to handle this topic in the future and have clear rules on this matter and also to be able to check it during racket control. However, you can do this right now.

BUT you can not remove a sponge from a pimple IN/ANTI racket covering and change it. This is approved as completed rubber so you can not change it.

I hope it helps.

Best regards,
in reply to HaggisV's post
HaggisV wrote:On Sunday, April 21 ,2024 at 23:48
Some of us with pimple (or anti-spin) rubbers may wish to glue a different sponge to the topsheet. Some pimple and antispin topsheets are available in OX so that this can be done.

I don't believe there are any rules against this, and it's still perfectly legal, as long as it does not violate the overall thickness rules and the sponge is made of legal material.

As far as I know this has not changed, is this correct?
Gamguli
State and City: Gangarampur, W.Bengal
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: All round
Grip: Shakehand

Post by Gamguli »

Tom Pimpler wrote: May 1st, 2024, 2:18 am Are you sure about this ?
Because I read the follwoing in another forum
Debater wrote: on Tuesday 30 April 2024, 00:18
I contacted the ITTF Equipment team yesterday and asked them directly.

I received a helpful response from Emese Barsai, Equipment Manager today. This was their response.

"Thank you for your e-mail.

Please find below the answer for your questions.

Basically, you can add att spong to the OX versions and use the OX versions of pimple OUT/LONG rubbers with sponge too.

For your information, we would like to handle this topic in the future and have clear rules on this matter and also to be able to check it during racket control. However, you can do this right now.

BUT you can not remove a sponge from a pimple IN/ANTI racket covering and change it. This is approved as completed rubber so you can not change it.

I hope it helps.

Best regards,
in reply to HaggisV's post
HaggisV wrote:On Sunday, April 21 ,2024 at 23:48
Some of us with pimple (or anti-spin) rubbers may wish to glue a different sponge to the topsheet. Some pimple and antispin topsheets are available in OX so that this can be done.

I don't believe there are any rules against this, and it's still perfectly legal, as long as it does not violate the overall thickness rules and the sponge is made of legal material.

As far as I know this has not changed, is this correct?
I would not take what you read in ITTF Worship forums seriously.
Because inverted rubbers without sponge are readily available on the market.
But given that you cannot use them without sponge in ITTF, one has to add sponge them eligible to be approved in iTTF.
Keep also in mind that ITTF's Emese Barsai was only talking about removing the sponeg from an existing rubber and them adding that iop sheet to another sponge. He claims that is unapproved but I do not understand that because if I can buy invrted top sheet & sponge separately & glue them together, why I can't I glue a top sheet removed from a ruber & add different sponge to it ? Also can I buy a pips out sandwich rubber and separate the sponge from rubber & add them to different top sheet & sponge ?
I agree that Emese Barsai did say that there are no clear definitions in ITTF on this but Barsai also claims certain assumptions which are not in rule book or in umpire's manual , unless Debater or Emese Barsai can provide some proof.
Ningal
State and City: Rockville, MD
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: All round loop & block
Grip: cPen (Chinese Penhold) TPG (Traditional Penhold)

Post by Ningal »

Gamguli wrote: May 1st, 2024, 2:46 am I would not take what you read in ITTF Worship forums seriously.
Because inverted rubbers without sponge are readily available on the market.
But given that you cannot use them without sponge in ITTF, one has to add sponge them eligible to be approved in iTTF.
Keep also in mind that ITTF's Emese Barsai was only talking about removing the sponeg from an existing rubber and them adding that iop sheet to another sponge. He claims that is unapproved but I do not understand that because if I can buy invrted top sheet & sponge separately & glue them together, why I can't I glue a top sheet removed from a ruber & add different sponge to it ? Also can I buy a pips out sandwich rubber and separate the sponge from rubber & add them to different top sheet & sponge ?
I agree that Emese Barsai did say that there are no clear definitions in ITTF on this but Barsai also claims certain assumptions which are not in rule book or in umpire's manual , unless Debater or Emese Barsai can provide some proof.
Yes, this seems to be true because here in USA (one of the well known posters in MyTableTennis.net where HaggisV is a moderator), Cole_Ely has a dealer website that sells top sheet only

ColesTT.com

All the top sheets listed there are inverted