Review :- Magic 77 High Aspect Ratio Super Long Pips (that ITTF does not want you to know about)

Highly technical & extremely controversial topics. Not for the faint of heart
Lob Twister
State and City: Mombasa
My blade: XVT ZL Koto
Forehand Rubber: Yinhe Moon
Backhand Rubber: Globe 979
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Review :- Magic 77 High Aspect Ratio Super Long Pips (that ITTF does not want you to know about)

Post by Lob Twister »

Below is a list of High Aspect Ratio Super Long Pips that ITTF does not want you to know. They want you to continue using the Low Aspect Ratio Long Pips that are totally useless in the 40+ plastic ball era

While there exist no known High Aspect Ratio long pips (with high friction and high control) from China for choppers, there may be some from Indonesia but I do not know which ones.
High level choppers have always chosen high friction high control rubbers such as Feint Long 1 in the 38 mm ball era.
Contrary to popular myth top (away from the table) choppers do not want frictionless (lower control) long pips. (Feint Long 1 was banned by ITTF in 1998ccDurban Aspect Ratio Reduction Massacre but this regulation left some low control rubbers such as Yasaka Phantom 007 , RITC 755 , Double Fish 1615 etc as legal and remain ITTF approved as of 2022)

For now & until manufacturers come up with new High Aspect Ratio LPs , the best available High AR Lp for choppers seems to be Magic 77 LP from China available on Ali Express

Magic 77 does not have rough pips tops like Feint Long (1 or 2 or 3). Rougher the pip top ( pip sides), the more the backspin & more the control compared to smoother the pip top (& pip sides) , the lesser the back spin and lesser the control.

But the pip tops of Magic 77 are also not smooth & glass like many frictionless LPs like RITC 755.

But overall Magic 77 has lot more (a lot more) backspin production capability (spin reversal) than all the useless low AR Lps on ITTF LARC such as the horribly lower back spin Feint Long 3. (Do a comparison test yourself using the same blade & against the same control group of loop monkeys)

The incredible thing about Magic 77 is that it is also very good in the close to the table blocking mode such as using frictionless type long pips such as Tibhar Grass Dtec or various Dr.Neubauer low AR long pips used by the entire Indian Women's Team who are playing well below their potential & underachiving due to using these low AT rubbers on ITTF LARC

Another huge side bonus with Magic 77 is that I am able to attack like no other LP I have ever used before, making it hands down the best LP in the 40+ plastic ball era.

Hopefully the makers of Magic 77 can release 2 new versions of this same rubber , one with very rough pip top (& sides) s for away from the table choppers & one with super smooth pip top (& sides) for close to the table blocking style players.

I have used Magic 77 for about 3 or 4 months now on several blades & I have never seen a single pip break with sessions of hard blocking , chopping and hitting. This is because the pips are longer & wider more sturdy & can handle the 40+ plastic ball better than ALL the smaller , shorter & thinner pips on ITTF LARC and not therefore not compatible with 40+ ball & and break easier,

In the early days of development after the 40+ plastic ball fiasco of ITTF in 2014, the earlier High AR LPs such as big pips version of Dawei 388 D-1 & Globe 979 used to break after single use due to poor material used on an experimental basis I assume (before ITTF came down hard on Dawei & Globe)
But the good news is that the newer High AR LPs are very sturdy & far superior to ALL the LPs on ITTF LARC , which are 100% useless in the 40+ plastic ball era
Slice_Blocker
State and City: Mariental
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Re: Review :- Magic 77 High Aspect Ratio Super Long Pips (that ITTF does not want you to know about)

Post by Slice_Blocker »

Magic 7 pip alignment is horizonal and therefore better for chopping than vertically aiigned Globe Mo Wang 3 or Avalox MO.

Globe Mo Wang 3 or Avalox MO are better suited for at the table blocking style play.

Globe Mo Wang has lower pip desnity and therefore faster & has more deception (meaning less control to both user & opponent)