Mr. Thomas Bach, is pole dancing going to replace TableTennis at the Olympics ?

Highly technical & extremely controversial topics. Not for the faint of heart
Waren Buffet
State and City: Omaha, Nebraska
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Mr. Thomas Bach, is pole dancing going to replace TableTennis at the Olympics ?

Post by Waren Buffet »

As you may know there had been serious consideration to accept pole dancing as an Olympic sport.

I think squash is also under consideration.

If I am not mistaken, I think there is room only for a limited number of sports and IOC sometimes kicks out one sport and replaces it with another.

I was just curious if Thmosa Bach is planning to expel TableTennis out of Olympics (as it meets all the required criteria) and replace it with pole dancing (or squash ?

Thanks
Haleema RL
State and City: Kandahar
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Re: Mr. Thomas Bach, is pole dancing going to replace TableTennis at the Olympics ?

Post by Haleema RL »

Rumor I heard is that they may suspend tabletennis from Paris 2024 Olympics
If ITTF does not clean up its act in a hurry then I heard pole dancing will replace tabletennis at 2028 Los Angeles

There is a precedent for this sort of.
In 2019 USOC (IOC's national affilaite in USA) dismissed the entire Board of Directors of USATT (ITTF's Natioal associate in USA).
The misconduct was ovbviouls so bad they did not even suspend them first LOL and just fired all of them.

Also ITTF itself convicted its own former president Adham Sharara few years ago.

And I believe the previous ITTF president Thomas Weikert & his own executive council (which included current ITTF President Petra Sorling) were suing eack other back and forth last year or before that.

The situation seems to be a total mess
Lisandra
State and City: Kuressaare
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Re: Mr. Thomas Bach, is pole dancing going to replace TableTennis at the Olympics ?

Post by Lisandra »