State and City: Liverpool
My blade: DHS Hurricane 301
Forehand Rubber: Double Fish FS232
Backhand Rubber: DHS TinArc 5
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Re: Looper Torture Index

Post by Lob Fisher »

This parameter is a measure of how much pain , disgust & anger that a chopper can inflict upon a looper using maximum back spin (spin reevrsal) as well with variations of back spin as well as variations of spin levels from the other side of the racket which i susually a smooth rubber.

All the low aspect ratio long pips on ITTF LARC have a low looper torture index and are TOTALLY worthless pieces of garbage in the 40+ plastic ball ers.

However high aspect ratio super long pips have a much higher looper torture index.
More and more high aspect ratio super long pips are now increasingly available from China & Indonesia.

You can do a comparison test between the Low AR Long pips on ITTF LARC against high AR Super Long pips. You take two identical blades with same rubber on the non-long-pips side. On one blade glue in Low AR LP on ITTF LARC. On the racket glue a High AR Super LP,
Now test the two rackets against the same set of loopers. You should be able to easily measure the increased disgust & anger on the faces of loopers when they play against High AR Super LPs.

This comparison test is best performed against a group of robotNAzi loopers.
Rashid 99
State and City: Khulna
My blade: Xiom Ice Cream AZX
Forehand Rubber: Loki 80
Backhand Rubber: Lion ss800
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Re: Looper Torture Index

Post by Rashid 99 »

I am a moderen defender . I use Hurricane Neo on my forehand. I don't boost ebcause I get enough spin & control with Hurricane without boosting.

I used to use the Low Aspect Ratio long pips Butterfly Feint Long 3 . Then I heard about Magic 77 High Aspect Ratio Super Long Pips from a friend.

I am now embarassed to admit that I have been using Fent Long 3. Because after I switched to Magic 77 , I was disgusted myself for not starting to use Magic 77 earlier.

The Looper Torture Index is so much highe rwith Magic 77.

I am not at all surprised that ITTF does not want more chopeprs & blockers to find out about the availability of High Aspect Ratio Super Long Pips such as Magic 77.

The low Aspect Ratio Long Pips with smaller diameter and also short are so useless in the 40 + plastic ball era. It is truly amazing that most players don't seem to realize this fact. The High Aspect Ratio Super long Pips not only have longer pips but also are longer giving the ability to attack hard in addition of course to massive back spin. The longer & wider pips don't break with the 40+ ball unliek the low aspect ratio LPs on ITTF LARC.