when to change your LP?

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
Kanewars
State and City: wimbledon
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

when to change your LP?

Post by Kanewars »

Sami wrote:
Kanewars wrote:

However I can definitely feel the massive increase in looper torture index (increase in back spin or spin reversal) when I use a high aspect Ratio super long pips as compared to a low aspect ratio long pips on ITTF LARC
I do agree but the sooner a pip is effective, the sooner they come over to check the pip you are using. The sooner they see the pip has no ITTF logo, the sooner they will complain to the referee.The sooner they check it out on the list , the sooner you get disqualified from the tournament.

This is reality.What revolution is intended? rebel against Ittf is impossible. or possible by getting disqualified
So many factors are involved
Is this in a friend’s house ?
Is this practice at your club ?
Is this practice at your club located inside a city owned recreation or community center ?
Is this is a league ?
Is this an ITTF or affiliate tournament ?
Is this an unaffiliated tournament
etc.

ITTF Rule 2.4.8 Before the start of a match and whenever he or she changes his or her racket during a match a player shall show his or her opponent and the umpire the racket he or she is about to use and shall allow them to examine it.

So as you can see your opponent can ask to visually examine your racket ONLY in the beginning of a match (unless you change rackets).

Always mask your rubbers with temporary tape so the brand name etc is not showing.

If this is in your friend’s house I am not sure you can do much about it other than leave if they refuse to play you.

If this is in your club, you can tell your opponent that it is long pips. If they insist on visual examination then you can inform your opponent that you are willing to show your racket for visual examination if a chemical inspection of his racket ( & yours) can be performed first., since health is a higher priority than performance. if she / he refuses to submit to a chemical examination then you have no obligation then to submit for a visual inspection.
If your opponent agrees then you can approach the club official for list of VOCs they test & for the portable chromatograph & the calibration date.
Also ask for a list of players who had been chemically tested that day.
If they provide a list of players tested and if someone playing before you had not been already chemically tested , you should then ask that they be chemically tested first before they test you
If they don’t have any of the above, then there is no need for you to submit your racket for visual inspection first.

If the club official provides all of the above, then ask them to perform a chemical inspection on your opponent (& your) rackets.

If your opponent passes chemical inspection then you can remove your temporary tape & submit your racket for visual inspection.
If they say you have no ITTF logo, then tell them you don’t have another racket. If they refuse to play you then they are really not your friend then & no need to play them anyway.

Similar procedure applies to at leagues & all ITTF & non-ITTF tournaments.
But at ITTF or affiliate tournaments, all players need to be chemically inspected and not random testing or the comical voluntary testing, This is because your ratings with your association such as USATT or Ratings Central etc is based not just on your match result against one opponent but the ratings are based results between all players present at the tournament. So if only you are visually tested and all players are not chemically tested, the ratings are severely skewed due to the speed-glue boosting advantage those players have over players who don’t boost or speed-glue. This is much worse than it is obvious because when a pips players plays a two winged looper, the pips player is already starting a 2 or 3 point disadvantage due to the 7 rule and regulation changes made to severely limit the pips players capabilities.

If they insist on visual inspection and refuse to perform chemical inspection, you can file a complaint with your city code enforcement for health code violations. You can also sue the club & the city for actual & punitive damages for unequal enforcement of ITTF rules
If you can find a group of pips players who are being harassed like this, you can also sue locally as well as at the Court of Arbitration for sports.

We can talk about rules , regulations , law & order nonsense all day but it all finally comes down to who your true friends are in tabletennis. If someone wants to whine & nitpick about missing ITF logo, they really are not your friend. At the professional level I can somewhat understand this because money, personal prestige , national pride etc are involved but at the amateur level if a player refuses to play you because of missing logo while they are boosted up to the max. I can begin to describe the hypocrisy here.

And I know of many matches over the years where an opponent insisted on examining your racket in the middle of a match (because they did not inspect . in the beginning) . You don't need to show.

In fact I once had a player lose to me and then ask to see my racket & then claim that they did not know I had long pips & therefore we have to replay the match. When I refused he went & complained to front desk & they had a good laugh.

Most of the newcomers to the sport have no clue as to the culture of terror that exists in the sport and assume everyone is so friendly & lovey dovey & two winged loopers REALLY care about you. But they have no clue as to what the secret society of two winged loopers do behind your back & how their representatives who are an overwhelming majority of councils & committees of ITTF, are hard at work on how to further limit the capabilities of pips players. Call me a paranoid conspiracy theory nut but before that I ask that you please look in detail about the 7 rule & regulation changes that ITTF had done to exterminate the choppers completely on the male side.

The only way to end this madness to dump your long pips on ITTF LARC & take a stand using high Aspect Ratio Super Long pips . But given how teriirfied choppers are of revolting against two winged looper dominated ITTF, I see no end in sight
Waitemata
State and City: Auckland
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Re: when to change your LP?

Post by Waitemata »

If you post asking for fair enforcement of rule 2.4.7 (speed-glue and booster ban), what were you expecting ? A medal ?

Of course your posting was banned. :lol: