Post banned by MyTT (Baal ??) >Looking for help on buying a house in the area 60m (of Dallas / Fort Worth area)

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
Silverdale TTA
State and City: Red Beach
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Post banned by MyTT (Baal ??) >Looking for help on buying a house in the area 60m (of Dallas / Fort Worth area)

Post by Silverdale TTA »

Baal wrote: I think your plan is a good one.
No
I am from UK but used to be in DFW & Austin & Waco areas.
Even otherwise, it is not a good idea to buy something permanent, like a house right away before you understand the area well.
If it was me I would rent an apartment very close to work for say 6 months, then study the whole area and all options & then buy a house at the location of your choice.
I also do not know if this is a permanent job. As far me I always tried to be extremely close to my job, if I was going to be there at least for a few years.
Rent a 2 or 3 bedrroom & buy a table and robot (unless you are married and your spouse decides to buy a multi-million dollar insurance policy on you to kill you for doing this, instead of a divorce) till you decide on your house & club etc

Baal wrote: There are quite a few good players in Dallas., especially around Plano.

====================
Plano is quite far from Ennis and in heavy traffic going all the way across from south of Dallas to north of Dallas
PlanoTTC.com plays 6 days a week in 2 rec centers (3 times each except Thursdays) on 8 to 12 tables. If you join you can use all other activities

Take a look at

Plano Rec

Plus swimming + and many many other activities included in membership to all rec centers.
There are two other rec centers in Plano , Carpenter Park with 3 tables to play anytime & oak Point rec with two tables to play anytime.
Sam Johnson senior center also has table-tennis like 3 or 4 days if you are over 50.
======================

DFWTT.com

is good. Many places all around Dallas & Irving & Frisco to play.
When I was in USA, I preferred DFW.TT & SenterPark to Plano because I found DFWTT friendlier than Plano but Plano has tons of players 1300-2400. Donna Chen owns DFWTT. She is 2400+ but she will play you singles or doubles if noone else is around to play you
There is a club in Grapevine, TX.

gppctx.com

And if you are into celebrity worship, you have the Olympic Bronze medalist Jasna Rather who runs a club in Texas Weslyn University in Fort Worth.
Friday evenings they play play at SenterPark recreation center in Irving TX . The fee last time I checked was a whopping $1 for the whole night. Individually barriered courts & lot of doubles & generally friendly & good players

They play at Vietnamese club everyday in Grand Prairie, TX like 3 to 7 PM or something

ATS Table Tennis Club 2615 W.Pioneer Pkwy, GrandPrairie , TX 75051
They are on facebook.
I am told they also play at a Vietnamese temple in Richardson but have never been there
They also play at 50+ senior center in Grand Prairie called Summit three or four times a week.

Grand Prairie

There are 2 more clubs in Frisco I think
Waco, TX is 75 miles in lesser traffic and they had a club for a long time there . don't know now due to COVID. They had a club in temple TX also and of course you can keep driving to Austin & then San Antonio
There is also a club in Tyler TX
I don't know which club Baal plays but I would avoid going into dangerous neighbourhoods like that. Clubs seem to come and go in Houston but they get the World Championships. Go figure
Let me know which club(s) you join, so I can collect my commissions from them & USATT
Rebecca H Kneynsberg
State and City: Amsterdam
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Re: Post banned by MyTT (Baal ??) >Looking for help on buying a house in the area 60m (of Dallas / Fort Worth area)

Post by Rebecca H Kneynsberg »

Why was this posting banned in MyTT forum ?

It seems to me that all the above post did was to provide a detailed and accurate information of all diffeernt places to play in the Dallas area

Who did the post offend ?
Jeff Reyreap
State and City: Bozeman, Montana
My blade: Avalox Tosios
Forehand Rubber: Globe 999T
Backhand Rubber: TTMaster Insider
Playing Style: All round loop & block
Grip: Shakehand

Re: Post banned by MyTT (Baal ??) >Looking for help on buying a house in the area 60m (of Dallas / Fort Worth area)

Post by Jeff Reyreap »

Rebecca H Kneynsberg wrote: July 15th, 2022, 9:40 pm Who did the post offend ?
May be you offended Baal, the MyTT forum moderator (as he is from Houston area) ? :lol:
Block King
State and City: North Richland Hills, TX
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by Block King »

Considering all factors, cost, quality, quantity & service, DFW (Dalls- Fort Worth) Area has the best
Most clubs
Variety of training , recrational or competitive options
Lots of players
Lowest cost

Places like California or New York may have more clubs but cost is prohibitive for lower level competitive amateurs or recreational players
Chiểu C Nghiem
State and City: Thu Dau Mot
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by Chiểu C Nghiem »

Silverdale TTA wrote: July 11th, 2022, 2:48 am They play at Vietnamese club everyday in Grand Prairie, TX like 3 to 7 PM or something

ATS Table Tennis Club 2615 W.Pioneer Pkwy, GrandPrairie , TX 75051
They are on facebook.

I am told they also play at a Vietnamese temple in Richardson but have never been there
My cousin in Dallas tells me the Richardson club moved to a temple near corner of Apollo Road & North Garland Avenue
ez blocker
State and City: Wylie,TX
My blade: DHS Hurricane Long 5
Forehand Rubber: 729-08 ES
Backhand Rubber: Saviga Super Block

Post by ez blocker »

There is another group in Carrolton, TX and Sachse, TX in the DFW area

Clcik here for more information

They have a tournament on March 18, 2023
Perez 34
State and City: Oak Cliff,TX
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by Perez 34 »

ez blocker wrote: March 17th, 2023, 4:41 am There is another group in Carrolton, TX and Sachse, TX in the DFW area

Clcik here for more information

They have a tournament on March 18, 2023
Are there still spots open ?
I went to the page above. and clicked on Click Here to register but it takes me to City of Carrolton website which takes hoursto load with all their fansy Flash programming etc but no page there to register for the tournament ??