Should I buy a pre made racket ?

To discuss topics relevant mostly to new to internediate players. Ask for advice about tabletennis equipment, playing style advice , strategies etc.
What the puck
State and City: Medicine HAt,Alberta
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Should I buy a pre made racket ?

Post by What the puck »

I was under the impression that tabletennis rackets come with rubbers already glued to the wood.
But someone told me that players who play in tournaments buy the rubbers sperately from wood and glue them on their own.
Is this true ? If so why do they need to do that ? Wouldn't factory do a better job of it ?
Cross Blocker
State and City: Detroit,Mi
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Re: Should I buy a pre made bat ?

Post by Cross Blocker »

What the puck wrote: March 1st, 2023, 4:20 pm I was under the impression that tabletennis rackets come with rubbers already glued to the wood.
But someone told me that players who play in tournaments buy the rubbers sperately from wood and glue them on their own.
Is this true ? If so why do they need to do that ?
It is true > Almost no tournament player uses a premade bat.
This because you can custom design your racket using your choice of wood part (referred as the blade or frame or baseboard etc) & rubbers.
These blades & rubbers sold separately are of much higher quality than premade & often these blades & rubbers are used by some professional players.

But if you do not play in tournaments and are just playing for exercise or fun, all youmay need is a premade bat