My blade: Clipboard
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Sriver + Camel Speed Glue
Backhand Rubber: Butterfly Feint Long Classic
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

I support the 1998 Durban Aspect Ratio Reduction Massacre

Post by Cult Leader »

sMan what do you want from me ?
I admit I posted clearly in RSTT that I support the 1998 Durban Aspect Ratio Massacre because millions of children will immediately recognize the reduction of Aspect Ratio from 1.3 to 1.1 as stated by Scholer & endorsed by Carl Danner

Never mind the fact that
1. The Durban AR Reducton massacre only banned the most controllable long pip rubber Feint Long 1 also used by 99.9% of top choppers before 1999
2. The Durban AR Reducton massacre left rubers that are far more unpredictable abd deceptive than Feint Long such as Yasaka Phantom 007, RITC 755, Double Fish 1615 etc , which remain legal today (Oh yeah these rubbers won't traumatize the children but Feint Long 1 will )

I am tired of this . I am going to ignore you for sure from now on I promise (unless yoi reply of course, then I cannot ressit responding)

Larry Bruce
Member :- TableTennis RSTT Hall of Shame
Lifetime achivement award :- Best pioneering cyberbully on internet
der echtie
State and City: Busan
My blade: Xiom Balsa Carbon
Forehand Rubber: Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Backhand Rubber: Globe 979 OX

Re: I support the 1998 Durban Aspect Ratio Reduction Massacre

Post by der echtie »

I love you Lar
I agree with you (whatever you say)
Nex Level
State and City: Buguma
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by Nex Level »

der echtie wrote: June 25th, 2022, 3:25 am I love you Lar
I agree with you (whatever you say)
Me too. I will drink any KoolAid you give.
I will agree with you & worship no matter how illogical you are.

Now you know why we don't allow choppers in Africa

I love putting extra top spin on my loops with boosters
Terry Canap
State and City: Houston,Texas
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by Terry Canap »

Cult Leader wrote: June 25th, 2022, 3:11 am
I am tired of this . I am going to ignore you for sure from now on I promise (unless yoi reply of course, then I cannot ressit responding)
OMG LOL
Redcliff
State and City: Christchurch
My blade: Sanwei Flextra 7
Forehand Rubber: AVX Purot
Backhand Rubber: Sunflex AntiLoop

Post by Redcliff »

The cult leader wrote in the Newsgroup Rec.sport.Table-Tennis on August 8 2000
(see complete header information at the bottom)

As to the Aspect Ratio Rule, I've already posted my thoughts on this, but the local kook ignores them, as I usually ignore him now. It is also a difficult issue. It is a good rule at the grass roots level if I were involved in a vote, I would probably vote that way.

Subject: Aspect Ratio and Gluing rules
Date: 2000/08/08
Message-ID: <8mphqe$6co$1@bob.news.rcn.net>#1/1
X-Deja-AN: 655926527
References: <8l60dv$dn3$2@flotsam.uits.indiana.edu> <20000721074606.02298.00001609@ng-ba1.aol.com> <8lamk8$vas$3@flotsam.uits.indiana.edu> <8lb0h9$d5b$1@nnrp1.deja.com> <8lb37u$qi$3@flotsam.uits.indiana.edu> <8lc89k$6kp$1@nnrp1.deja.com> <398B0324.2E26@erols.com> <8mfq68$m4p$1@nnrp1.deja.com> <398B9FA4.1AEF@erols.com> <8mh40g$gmv$1@nnrp1.deja.com>
X-Priority: 3
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2615.200
X-Complaints-To: ab...@rcn.com
X-Trace: eTkl811uR6KbymN20pqEJMuSubsr6Gi8NxdE93R/gdw=
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
NNTP-Posting-Date: 8 Aug 2000 17:59:42 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.sport.table-tennis
Kim Yu Wan
State and City: Geylang
My blade: DHS PG12
Forehand Rubber: DHS 652
Backhand Rubber: DHS Hurricane 8

Post by Kim Yu Wan »

Redcliff wrote: June 26th, 2022, 2:34 pm The cult leader wrote in the Newsgroup Rec.sport.Table-Tennis on August 8 2000
(see complete header information at the bottom)

As to the Aspect Ratio Rule, I've already posted my thoughts on this, but the local kook ignores them, as I usually ignore him now. It is also a difficult issue. It is a good rule at the grass roots level if I were involved in a vote, I would probably vote that way.
So please explain to me Lar

1. How many millions of youth (grass roots level) players have been "saved" by the 1998 Durban Aspect Ratio Massacre and have returned to the sport since 1998 ?

2. So all these grassroots player who were so traumatized by Feint Long 1, which was used by almost all top choppers are not at all traumatized by rubbers such as Yasaka Phantom 007, Double Fish 1615 , RITC 755 etc which have remained legal as of today & all these 24 years since 1998 ? REALLY ?

Are you ever going to apologize (if not to someone like me buto all the top choppers who have insulted & those exterminated) ?

Knowing you I guess your huge ego will never let you apologize
Ziggy Amelia
State and City: Mullambimby, NSW
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by Ziggy Amelia »

On 26 Aug 2015, 22:55 the Cult Leader posted the following in red in OOAK forum in the thread called Samson Dubina on Boosting in Table Tennis

Cult Leader :- However, contrary to what a certain long-time Internet troll has posted repeatedly in various forums before usually being banned, and that many probably believe,

Larry’s usual personal attacks. He used to post in RSTT (rec.sport.table-tennis) which was a USEBET public forum acquired by Google from DejaNews. He & his cult groupies like Iskandar Taib used 100s if not 1000s of various posting handles & sock puppets starting with using the posting handle of a well known player & one of his students to run a relentless attack campaign against Terry Timmins (who was then USATT president) for firing him as Editor of USATT’s print magazine called Table Tennis Topics. Larry got eventually exposed when he (& his cult groupies) got into major fights with many USATT members & Officials on a public forum & he packed up his bags and left RSTT in shame on now talking to himself on his own blog. , Let us not forget about Larry starting a new magazine called TableTennis World a week after he was fired as Editor of USATT magazine & the magazine folded in two months & I have no comment about the few of cult groupies who paid up subscription for an year

The crazy thing about this posting thread I that , OOAK forum owner & moderator HaggisV deleted all the post that were in response to Larry’s wild accusations, lies & personal attacks but left all Larry’s postings in tact, In fact this has become a standard MO for HaggisV in OOAK forum as well as in another forum called MyTableTennisNet where another moderator BAAL started this whole trend of orphaned postings.
The level of vindictiveness of HaggisV & BAAL even may equal cult leaders because simple postings such as a list of places to play Dallas Fort Worth area would get deleted by BAAL or HAGGISV in MyTT forum simply because they hate the poster because he or she exposes corruption in ITTF & IOC

Cult Leader :- I was not involved nor did I have any real opinion in the rules against frictionless long pips or the aspect ratio rule on long pips (and didn't even know about them until after they were passed), nor have I ever really taken a position on them. (On one of them - I don't even remember which one - I once said something like, "If they put a gun to my head, I'd probably support the rule," but that's because if you are undecided or have no opinion about a rule, you don't oppose it. The aspect ratio issue came about during the year I was mostly out of table tennis in 1998.) There is merit to the parallels between the rule against frictionless long pips and boosting, i.e. unenforceable rules. See my pledge below.

Busted !!!!! Read the first post in this thread where evidence is posted on Larry’s position about the Aspect Ratio Regulation of 1998 with clear posting header information on RSTT

Here 2015 he is trying to confuse the readers about the two different issues of 1998 Durban Aspect Ratio Massacre with 2008 Frictionless pips ban

Cult Leader :- But there's possibly a simple solution to the problem of frictionless long pips. To my knowledge, there has been an incredible number of posts attacking it, but zero proposals sent to the USATT Rules Committee to change it. It's very simply - you propose the change and send it to them. I recommend focusing on the enforceability issue

This is the most bizarre thing about Larry in that he can be so amazingly illogical. He claims that he supports the 1998 Durban Aspect Ratio Massacre because it will protect the children from evil long pips. Then in 2008 he makes a 180 degree turnaround and claims he supports the repeal of the Frictionless Pips Ban of 2008. This leaves one wondering (except his cult groupies of course) if frictionless pips rubbers (which will be used lot more than the harmless Feint Long 1) will be lot more harmful for grassroots development (children) if these lot more evil frictionless pips were made legal again.
Pong Doctor
State and City: Gaithersburg, Maryland
My blade: Nittaku Meran
Forehand Rubber: Stiga Calibra Tour M
Backhand Rubber: Dr. Neubauer Tarantula

Post by Pong Doctor »

This had been always the problem with Larry. Once he tells a lie & something illogical he will continue to defend his lies or illogical positions with more lies & more lies & illogical acts (like his calling for repeal of FP ban) but he will NEVER EVER apologize simply because someone he hates will be vindicated.

Because now as more and more players are beginning to understand the fact that the 1998 Durban Aspect Ratio Massacre has nothing to with technical merits but was a purely politically motivated fiasco due to a feud between Scholer & Dr.Neubauer as was the 2008 FP Ban which was simply a round 2 of the feud between Scholer & Dr.Neubauer.

Larry’s cult groupies keep claiming that he does great work promoting the youth etc but I wonder what their answer would be if they were asked to what would happen to the grassroots development if the 2008 FP Ban was repealed though Larry claims 1998 Durban AR Reduction Massacre supposedly was passed only to protect children, where the truth is that the 1998 Durban AR Reduction Massacre was the prime factor in starting the extermination of choppers & Larry & the likes of Carl Danner are just as much responsible as Scholer & Sharara for this brutal extermination choppers from the sport.
Geraldine
State and City: Orange County, CA
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by Geraldine »

I hope you all now get an idea as to why USATT had to fire him as the editor of USATT Magazine (as he was let go by USATT or had to leave probably more times than Billy Martin was fired & hired by George Steinbrenner of New York Yankees).
spin over
State and City: Princeton, NJ
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: All round
Grip: jPen / kPen ( Japanese / Korean penhold)

Post by spin over »

I noticed that Larry Hodges has continued his campaign of lies using Der Echte as his mouthpiece.
I don't understand Larry.
Even if he does not want to apologize , why can't he admit he posted the above in 2000.
The proof is clearly there with exact message ID on USENET (which later becamse DejaNews & now Google Groups)
Anyone can search Google Groups & dig up the same information & see what a liar Larry Hodges is.