Re: Which long pips has most reversal with plastic ball?

Most discussion forums (especially table tennis) are full of posters asking the wrong question based on totally false premises or lack of knowledge about the issue at hand etc. This sub-forum is dedicated to identifying such questions & useless & usually hilarious answers in various tableetnnis forums & also shows what the right answer should have been
Tack Spin
State and City: Christchurch
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Re: Which long pips has most reversal with plastic ball?

Post by Tack Spin »

XuXin wrote on 02 October 2022
Hello,
I've been struggling with a spin reversal for years now... With old balls, I played with Spinlord Dornenglanz and it had so much spin reversal it was crazy. I know new ball reduced rotation so long pips can't return spin if there's no any but I'm trying to find the long pips with the most reversal other characteristics don't matter, just spin reversal and deceptiveness.
I'm currently playing with antispin ABS 2 PRO but it has zero reversal and deceptiveness so I'll switch back to d.tecs for now.
The only time I've seen incredible reversal with new balls is from a few players who I know treat their pimples (mainly Palio CK) heavily.

BTW I played with d.tecs and dornenglanz and they are almost useless now :(

I think you have sort of answered your own question.

No long pips rubber listed on the current ITTF LARC is useful in the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era. And you are correct , the long pips you listed are absolutely useless in the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era.

So, unless you are a looper on your weakside, the only functionally useful rubbers in the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era are the HIGH ASPECT RATIO SUPER LONG pips