Looking for a manufacturer to produce Magic 77 on steroids

Highly technical & extremely controversial topics. Not for the faint of heart
James Z
State and City: Rottweil
My blade: Custom jPen
Forehand Rubber: Yasaka Mark V
Backhand Rubber: Magic 77
Playing Style: Modern Defender (Loop & chop)
Grip: jPen / kPen ( Japanese / Korean penhold)

Looking for a manufacturer to produce Magic 77 on steroids

Post by James Z »

To be very clear when I use the word “steroid” I don’t mean it literally but I use it just metaphorically. I am neither promoting steroids nor the treating of pips

I am looking for chopping type long pips rubbers that will work halfway decent in the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era from long pips makers in China , Indonesia , Korea, Germany etc
Currently I am using a Chinese rubber called Magic 77 from China.
Magic 77 seems to be the only high aspect ratio super long pips rubber with halfway decent Looper Torture Index.
Even though this is the absolute best long pips I have EVER used, there are a few problems with this rubber for away from the table chopping regarding the ability to produce at least somewhat decent enough back spin for the 40+ plastic ball era (even though the back spin & looper torture index is still far far superior to any crappy useless long pips on the ITTF LARC)

Problem 1 :- The pip tops are not rough enough for maximizing backspin
Problem 2 :- The pips are not flexible enough for maximizing backspin
Problem 3:- The material of the pips does not seem to compatible enough to maximize backspin . the material should be somewhat like P1 Curl or many Dr,Neubauer rubbers
Problem 4 :- The pip distribution density (less than ITTF allowed max 30 pips / sq.cm) is utterly useless for the plastic ball era. The pip density must be close to the previous ITTF allowed max of max 50 pips / sq.cm to maximize backspin
Problem 5 :- The base of the top sheet (on which the pips sit on) seems to be too thick. It would be nice to have a thin base like with useless ITTF LARC pips like P1 Curl & few others so that they would be the most lethal in OX version

I think High Aspect Ratio Super Long Pips are currently available from Indonesia & China. I could not find any others from China. (Avalox Mo & Globe Mo wang 3 are very good close to the table blocking type High Aspect Ratio Super Long Pips & I would highly recommend them but I looking for Magic 77 on steroids for chopping that meets at least a few more of above 5 requirements so that I can at least barely survive in the 40+ plastic ball era) .

I am not looking for treated pips such as those made by soaking ITTF LARC pips in chemicals like kerosine. I also do not recommend these because the pips break in like 16 minutes. Also using treated pips is just as sleazy as using illegal speed glues or illegal boosters, which ITTF has defined as unhealthy & cannot be used per Rule 2.4.7. Another big problem is that there are about 300 booster & speed-glue cheats for every pips treat cheat but since the 300 booster cheats are as loud in complaining to ITTF, which is also controlled by spooster supremacists, all ITTF hears is that & acts accordingly passing one rule / regulation change after another
If you know of any such rubbers from Indonesia please let me know. Of if you know of any manufacturer in China or Indonesia that is willing to make a test batch I am willing to buy.

BTW if you are wondering what qualifies as High Aspect Ratio Super Long Pips, below are minimum requirements
1. The Aspect Ratio(AR) must be at least 1.5 ( Current ITTF Max is 1.1 and before the 1998 Durban Aspect Ratio Reduction Massacre the max AR allowed by ITTF was 1.3
2. The length of the pips must be at least 2.5 mm (Current ITTF max is 2 mm)
3. The PDD (pips distribution density) must be much higher than the current ITTF max of 30 pips / sq.cm (preferably approach 50 pips per sq.cm which was the max allowed before the pre 2004 Pip Density Reduction Regulation reduced it to 30)
4. Pip Friction must not be low, meaning the top & sides of the pips must be rough. the pips must not be glassy & smooth either on the sides or on top. There are plenty of high aspect ratio super long pips already from Indonesia (I have no issue with that) but I am looking for a chopping type super pips
5. Pip flexibility must be high to be able to maximize back-spin but not too high for the pips to be uncontrollable as in the case of TDP P1 Curl etc

Finally to be very clear when I use the word “steroid” I don’t mean it literally but I use it just metaphorically. I am neither promoting steroids not treating of pips

Thanks