OldUser thinks table tennis is for everyone OMG

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
spin booster
State and City: Codrington
My blade: Yasaka Leopard
Forehand Rubber: Buttterfly Sriver
Backhand Rubber: Yasaka Mark V
Playing Style: Two Wing Looper
Grip: Shakehand

OldUser thinks table tennis is for everyone OMG

Post by spin booster »

OldUser wrote: May 8, 2023
I thouhgt table tennis was for everyone, maybe I'm an old fart at 50 now, should I stop playing then ?
Well you thought wrong
Table tennis is NOT for everyone.
You do not need the superior reflexes of an Olympic tabletennis athlete or foot speed of a 100m sprinter but if you do not have minimal hand eye coordination, tabletennis won't be a fun experience for you or even for exercise.
Additionally, tabletennis for better or worse is one of the most complex individual sport thre is even at lowest speeds & lowest spins.

Don't misread what I am saying. Age or physical handcap does not limit one from being an excellent player.
What I am saying is that tabletennis players & ITTF etc should be honest about tableetnnis being a difficult sport & stop spreading lies claiming anyone can play tabletennis. Almost anyone can play a basement silly game of ping pong but that is far from tabletennis.