PingPongPaddy is confused about the very purpose of long pips

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
James Z
State and City: Rottweil
My blade: Custom jPen
Forehand Rubber: Yasaka Mark V
Backhand Rubber: Magic 77
Playing Style: Modern Defender (Loop & chop)
Grip: jPen / kPen ( Japanese / Korean penhold)

PingPongPaddy is confused about the very purpose of long pips

Post by James Z »

PingPongPaddy wrote:Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022 #20

hi James
we found that when the pimples bent back this created less spin except in the case of power shots r
OK so you do admit long pips created strong spin in the case of returning pwoer shots or loops then ? LOL
On the other hand if attacker made a big spin drive then he would get strong chop back (his own spin). r
Again you admit that long pips created strong back spin ...........again
Unless you want to make a foolish arguement that any other rubber types other than long pips can also also create as much back spin
To avoid the heavy chop, attacker must roll lightly untill the chance to make a winner. In the push vs push situation when the inverted pushes with heavy chop the bendy lps return this as slight topspin (again his own spin)even though the racket angle is open.
What is your point ? All this here has to do with strategy on how to play AGSINT long pips, which I am not disagreeing but none of this disproves my statement that long pips return very heavy back spins against the loop or strong drives, which you agree tourslf twice above.
as far as the modern medium and short pips are concerned there have been some very interesting variation. Attack8 as used by fukuhara has a a relatively short wide pimple of very soft high friction rubber which enables subtle variation of speed and spin by a skilled exponent. Its certainly not gimmicky
If i was to change from my standard sp, attack8 is something I would consider
As I have stated many times over & over, short pips is theoretically the best forehand rubber if one is talented enoughto use it. But as you can see at the pro level there are very few forehand shaekhands short pips players thru history (Yes there had been few world champion penhold short pips hitters).
So given that it takes a lot of talent to be able to use short pips even on forehand especially shakehands, it is all the more difficult to use short pips on backhand. This is what short pips is the absolute worst weakside (backhand) rubber. Of couse there are always a very few exceptions.
Rod Lavar
State and City: Rockhampton, QLD
My blade: DHS N301
Forehand Rubber: Yinhe Pro Jupiter
Backhand Rubber: RITC 755 Mystery
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Re: PingPongPaddy is confused about the very purpose of long pips

Post by Rod Lavar »

James Z wrote: August 11th, 2023, 6:55 am
As I have stated many times over & over, short pips is theoretically the best forehand rubber if one is talented enoughto use it. But as you can see at the pro level there are very few forehand shaekhands short pips players thru history (Yes there had been few world champion penhold short pips hitters).
So given that it takes a lot of talent to be able to use short pips even on forehand especially shakehands, it is all the more difficult to use short pips on backhand. This is what short pips is the absolute worst weakside (backhand) rubber. Of couse there are always a very few exceptions.
Dear PingPongPaddy,
I saw this webpage that explains in great detail as to why short pips is pure garbage as a weakside (backhand) rubber
Hope it helps
Phương
State and City: Việt Trì
My blade: Huieson V-1
Forehand Rubber: DHS Hurricane 3 (No. 19 Sponge)
Backhand Rubber: Prasidha 1615
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Re: PingPongPaddy is confused about the very purpose of long pips

Post by Phương »

Rod Lavar wrote: August 11th, 2023, 7:31 am Dear PingPongPaddy,
I saw this webpage that explains in great detail as to why short pips is pure garbage as a weakside (backhand) rubber
Hope it helps
I do not think it would help PingPongPaddy because he does not even understand the very purpose of invention of long pips. As some (if not all) players may know short pips was the first rubber well before long pips (known as hardbat)

But this is the problem with most players who use short pips as a weakside rubber. They just do not understnad the weaknesses & uselessness of short pips as a weakside (backhand) rubber. Their mind is made up & they are like a cult.