UpSideDownCarl admits he does not understand the depravity of Durban 1998 Aspect Ratio Reduction Massacre

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
Jameisop
State and City: Wellington
My blade: Avalox P300
Forehand Rubber: Friendship 729 Bloom Max
Backhand Rubber: Mo Avalox (Hgh Aspect Ratio Super Long Pips)
Playing Style: All round loop & block
Grip: Shakehand

UpSideDownCarl admits he does not understand the depravity of Durban 1998 Aspect Ratio Reduction Massacre

Post by Jameisop »

UpSideDownCarl wrote: Apr 15, 2023 #43
Also, my recollection of the 1998 rule change for pips, most of the top players did not think it was something that was needed. They were fine with how pips were before 1998. It was at the amateur level that that was a bigger issue.
The brainwashing by your cult leader Rev.Larry Hodges is still working great on you.

This is exactly how Rev. Larry Hodges , Carl Danner etc tried to justify the 1998 Durban Aspect Ratio Reduction Regulation. They claimed that this change was necessary because billions of juniors (wht you are referring to as amateur level) were leaving the sport because they could not handle rubbers like TSP Curl P1 (but magically they could handle pips like Yasaka Phantom 007 , Double Fish 1615 etc, which remain legal as of today in August 2023).

Dear UpSideDownCarl , Can you explain this to me please ?