Butterfly Feint Long 2 - Old version

As most of you may not know for sure, pips rubbers listed on ITTF LARC are 200% functionally useless in the 40+ plastic ball ONLY era. This section is for discussion about older rubbers from 38 mm ball era & 40- celluloid ball ere that may be still more functionally useful in the 40+ plastic ball era than rubbers designed for 40+ plastic ball ONLY era. This section also discusses new rubbers that are not listed on ITTF LARC but are functionally superior to rubbers currently listed on current ITTF LARC. Contrary to popular myth ITTF is NOT the sole supreme authority on table tennis & you are free to use these super functional rubbers as you wish. The question of who will play against you is a just only a matter of who are your true friends in table tennis & not ITTF rules or regulations especially at lower levels & especially in tournaments not affiliated with ITTF (incorrectly referred to as “unsanctioned” tournaments)
block2smash
State and City: Trondheim
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Butterfly Feint Long 2 - Old version

Post by block2smash »

This was the rubber released by Butterfly after Feint Long 1 was banned by the ITTF with the 1998 Durban Aspect Ratio Reduction Regulation

But I don't know what happened after that because Butterfly released a new version of Feint Long 2 after that.

I do not know what the differences were & why the older version of Feint Long 2 was discontinued but have been told by some that the older version was better.
For me either version of Feint Long 2 is garbage (as is the Feint Long 3) though Feint Long 1 was one of best rubbers of all time used by 99% of top & pro choppers before ITTF banned it in 1998
Cedric K
State and City: Long Look Estate
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Re: Feint Long 2 - Old version

Post by Cedric K »

Neither rubber has ITTF approval code.
So no way to tell which is which except from packaging
feint long 2 old.jpg
feint long 2 old.jpg (22.93 KiB) Viewed 1444 times
Attachments
feint long 2 new.jpg
feint long 2 new.jpg (10.88 KiB) Viewed 1444 times
Over Slice
State and City: Jarrahdale
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Re: Feint Long 2 - Old version

Post by Over Slice »

block2smash wrote: August 21st, 2023, 9:15 am I do not know what the differences were & why the older version of Feint Long 2 was discontinued but have been told by some that the older version was better.
One thing I know is that the older version had Kawa sponge (hard) which was used with Sriver
So I don't know if there were 2 old Feint Longs (one with hard Kawa sponge & one with soft sponge) along with a new Feint Long 2 or
old version 2 only had Kawa sponge