State and City: Episkopi
My blade: Custom
Forehand Rubber: DHS H3
Backhand Rubber: Magic 77
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

One of the best role models for amateur modern defenders

Post by Hasan EC »

This is from Emratthich channel of a match between two good players, one is a penhold short pips out attacker & other a modern defender.
Short pips players are always the worst for defenders to play againt because short pips players have lesser trouble against back spins & can hit thru them, especially penholders who are even better in this (I am talking more or less equal skill levels as seems to be the case here).
So in most cases between a short pips out hitter and a long pips defender of about same skill level, the short pips attacker usually wins. This is an exception

This is a good match & a great demo match

This modern defender (I wish Emratthich posted the names of these 2 good players) is an ideal role model for amateur players because this player is has great all around skills & attacks & also knows exactly when to side swipe roll the ball to keep attacker from stepping around. (He seems to be amaster of this roll) & seems to know exactly when to do this.

I have not seen many modern defenders with all around skills like this (at least on YouTube videos)

Most top defenders whne they play attackers of equal level they rartely attack like this with long pips side. Even Joo Sae Hyuk, I have seen him attack only very raraely. I am sure they will attack against even slightly lower leevl players but not agaisnt attackers at their same level.

My wish list for this chopper would be for him to chop on forehand & twiddle and chop on backhand with smooth rubber as well as chop with long pips on forehand as well as lob or counter loop from backhand ith inverted side. That would be the ultimate worst nightmare style for an attacker to face

Click here to watch this video on YouTube in a new tab