Why do they still need to separate hardbat events in regular tournaments ?

To discuss topics relevant mostly to new to internediate players. Ask for advice about tabletennis equipment, playing style advice , strategies etc.
Roujaniw
State and City: Garland, Texas
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Why do they still need to separate hardbat events in regular tournaments ?

Post by Roujaniw »

This really sucks
I do not understand why separet harcat events are needed anymore

It had been 71 years since sponge had arrived . Sponge domain has flourished replaced hardbat for a reason.

I cannot understand older players having their own separate event because even the ollest player was born after 1952
There may be only a handful of older players left worldwide.

I absolutely see no reason for this sort of madness.
Jarcine
State and City: Asheville, NC
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Re: Why do they still need to separate hardbat events in regular tournaments ?

Post by Jarcine »

I wondered the same thing.
It is even worse now. They are trying to run separate youth events hardbat & sandpaper.
That is really sick.
Richard R
State and City: Fresno, CA
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by Richard R »

Roujaniw wrote: September 3rd, 2023, 7:31 am This really sucks
I do not understand why separet harcat events are needed anymore

It had been 71 years since sponge had arrived . Sponge domain has flourished replaced hardbat for a reason.

I cannot understand older players having their own separate event because even the ollest player was born after 1952
There may be only a handful of older players left worldwide.

I absolutely see no reason for this sort of madness.
What the hell is wrong with you ?
Why are you complaining about a small group of people who just want to enjoy & have fun with whatever ?
Roujaniw
State and City: Garland, Texas
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:

Post by Roujaniw »

Richard R wrote: September 3rd, 2023, 11:34 am What the hell is wrong with you ?
Why are you complaining about a small group of people who just want to enjoy & have fun with whatever ?
Ok then , do you mind if,

1. robotNazis have their own separate events with only spin glued or spoosted smooth rubber both sides allwoed ?
2. anti users held their own events with at least one side required to be anti ?
3. blocking long pips users held their own events with at least one side required to be blocking long pips ?
4. choppong long pips users held their own events with at least one side required to be chopping long pips ?
5. wood users held their own events with at least one side required to be all wood ?
6. clipboard users held their own events with at least one side required to be all clipboards ?

My point is this >There was a transition period from hardbat to sponge and during that period if hardbat users wanted to hold hardbat only event sfor older players , that is sperfectly understandable. But it has been 71 yers since sponge arrived. Of course sponge domain table tennis has very serious problems . But trying force children to hardbat or sandpaper is not the solution. It is like crying over spilled milk EVEN if you can make a case for hardbat & sandpaper. Hardbat era was great when it lasted but sponge now exists for a reason. Sponge domain tabletennis can easily accomodate to the fact that most players (especially amateurs) have a wekside (usually backhand) & a strong side (usually forehand) & you can choose rubbers to enhance your individual playing style. But hardbat & sandpaper assume that your backhand & forehand are equal. Even if you use different rubbers on forehand & backhand in hardbat the difference is minimal (it also violates the fundamental communist philosophy of hardbat) .

Hardbat is fully approved for use in ITTF play & probbaly sandpapaer can be as well . But it is psychotic to believ that we all can go back & put the genie back in the bottle.