What (factory pre-assembled) "racket" to buy ? Is this a really stupid question ?

Highly technical & extremely controversial topics. Not for the faint of heart
Kangana
State and City: Santokhgarh, Himachal Pradesh
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

What (factory pre-assembled) "racket" to buy ? Is this a really stupid question ?

Post by Kangana »

Table tennis is forging ahead in India . However even in countries like India, players do not understand that the concept of a factory pre-assembled racket for a competitive player is really a stupid concept from the perspective of promoting table tennis to the masses.

In motorcycling in USA, manufacturers have a convention to limit the speed to 189 miles per hour I think. When you talk about connectors in electronics for instance, there are specifications accepted by all manufacturers such as an USB port has certain pins & voltages etc.

By the same token why can't table tennis manufacturers have an agreement not to market pre assembled rackets. Why ? Because even at the lowest level of competition, players do not use factory pre assembled rackets, By selling rubbers & blades separately, dealers can promote more sale of rubbers (and then blades) by creating more so called EJs. Of course i am not advocating illegal spoosting or spin gluing but player should be able to experiment with various combinations of rubbers and blades.
A young player of course should start & stick with spinverted rubber both sides but they should be able to fine tune their rubbers by testing various spinverted rubbers if not make changes to scores of blades.
Of course older players should be able to EJ lot more than youth especially masters (previously referred to as veterans by ITTF).