Re: What are the benefits of short pips on fh?

This forum respects the rights of ITTF Worship forums,who generally ban posts that are critical of IOC or ITTF. You are welcome to post them here if you have saved them
Simran
State and City: Bathinda, Punjab
My blade:
Forehand Rubber:
Backhand Rubber:
Playing Style: -
Grip: -

Re: What are the benefits of short pips on fh?

Post by Simran »

FrenchFrog33 wrote: May 26, 2023 #1
What are the benefits of playing with short pips on the forehand? What type of style is suitable for a forehand short pips player?
ericd937 wrote: on May 27, 2023 #6
Short pips forehand is good for close to the table smashing. Hit and attack, that's it. That's the strategy..
This style is generally known as block & smash style

ericd937 wrote: on May 27, 2023 #6
Short pimple has too many weaknesses.
Yes & No as it depends on who is using it & whether on forehand or backhand
Theoretically short pips is the best forehand rubber. Because if you can deliver the ball from Point A to Point B in the minimum amount of time (for opponnet to react) , then you do not need any spin. Short pips is of course the best for this. However this i sonly theory. Because only the most talented players can pull this off unless you have played with short pips from an early age all your life ( Usually lot of players in China especially penholders, develop this way) .
The last pro player at highest level was Johnny Huang . Right not now there is sort of only one - Mattias Falck
Forehand short pips seems to be more suitable for Chinese TPG (Traditional Penhold Grip) as there were few World Chmapions
Also this is very much a close to the table ONLY playing style as you have to return the ball very early.
If you back up , you are dead. I am yet to see a video where He Zhe Wen backed away from the table

Of course short pips is the worst rubber for your backhand (weakside for most)
Here is why